Toop.org
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » EQ - What's the verdict, Eric?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EQ - What's the verdict, Eric?
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after your first exposure to the online gaming madness that's taken over the real world as we once knew it to be, what did you think? Are you going to become an EQ addict too? Will Sheryl become an EQ Widow so soon? What is your FINAL answer? (Loved your reference to that in your Pampered Chef order to Vonnie, Sheryl).

------------------
~ Tam :-)

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No I will not be a EQ widow. Not because we can't afford it, but by his choice. He will have to explain in more detail as to why. He told me, but I didn't completely understand.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited August 01, 2000).]

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I just don't find it very exciting. I use to play a role playing game just like it when I was 12 and just starting computers. But it got old. You fight something and it says "you have hit Ogar for 10 hit points" Then all of a sudden it is dead. How much fun is that. That is like going into the backyard and using a chainsaw to cut down a tree...but you don't actually touch the tree, you just stand next to it and then it falls. What fun is that.

To each thier own....but EQ isn't for me.

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Eric would rather chop the tree down with his bare hands and watch the blood from the tree ooze and spirt out, all over him, while he does a ritualistic dance of the natives. What fun is it to drive your car all over the cities, going different routes all the time, it's doing the moving for you...what fun is that?
Posts: 68  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff
Beginning Poster
Member # 7

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jeff           Edit/Delete Post 
Eric Must have had similar experiences. His reply must Mirror his experiences in bed, Sheryl must be very understanding!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
John and Jeff you are mean!
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
John asks What fun is it to drive your car all over the cities, going different routes all the time, it's doing the moving for you...what fun is that?

You get to see different things...but if driving different routes in the cities was like the game Everquest You would drive around the cities, use gas, but your tires would never move and neither would the scenery.

That is why the game is boring, it wastes your time, but your really don't do $hit.

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's like sitting and watching a movie...it's doing all the action and dialogue for you...what fun is that?
John
Member # 5

"You get to see different things...but if driving different routes in the cities was like the game Everquest You would drive around the cities, use gas, but your tires would never move and neither would the scenery."

I would disagree, as the scenery changes frequently in EverQuest, much more than the exciting metropolis of...let's say...Willmar or something. And if I could drive around the cities without my tires wearing down from the use, that would be GREAT!

That's okay, to each their own. This will give you more time in the exciting IRC rooms.

Jeff
Beginning Poster
Member # 7

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Jeff           Edit/Delete Post 
Eric,

In reference to your Chain Saw analogy of Everquest, I think you’re overlooking the advantages of if rea life was like everquest.

In 1991 the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimated that more than 44,000 people required hospital treatment for chain saw-related injuries. Most accidents were caused when the operator came in contact with a moving chain. Injuries from a chain saw are usually serious because of the jagged cut the chain leaves. (more info here: http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplor/agguides/agengin/g01959.htm )

Now, if these people had not had to actually touch the tree and the tree had just fallen over, they could have avoided injury and the world would have been better.

EQ has a definite intellectual component that I think you’re overlooking (or can’t see). There are many strategies to be played out, much like chess. Now in chess, the scenery doesn’t move, there is no bloodshed, and to the person who has only watched someone play it for a little while, it may appear boring, however the intellect and strategy that goes into playing the game makes for a powerful match that only those who take the time to learn and play the game will understand.

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

This topic is closed!!!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: