Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Eric is out of work. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Eric is out of work.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is true. It has been a little over two weeks and we both are still a little shocked, but we have looked beyond the bad of it and look at it as things happen. Really things happen for a reason. Who knows this might be his opportunity to find a bigger and better job some place else. Maybe, to get in more the field Eric belongs rather than what he was doing.

He has a ton of resumes out and now just have to follow up on a few he really finds interesting. Please, keep us in your prayers and hope that he gets a new job soon. I think he is getting bored at home.

Good Luck Honey!

You will find one and the right one in due time.....

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited October 02, 2000).]

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Eric at home, I gave him a small job last week. He designed out Travel/Calling Card for our new long distance service that we have at work. I really shouldn't say small job because he did a wonderful job. He gave us 4-5 different ideas and than we picked one and had changes on it of couse. So that took more of his time. Everyone at work who has seen the idea on my computer thought Eric did a wonderful job. Thank for Eric for helping me. I had no idea what I was going to do when they asked me to come up with a design for the calling card. THANKS MUCH for the help.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John
Member # 5

Icon 14 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I agree that everything happens for a reason. This time, the reason was to show everyone how stupid his ex-boss really is!

Everyone misses ya, Toopy! That in itself is a testament to your quality work. Something will come by soon, so enjoy the time you have to relax, cuz it won't be for long!

psst...hey, buddy, can you tape Jerry Springer for me...I hear he has some saucy babes in bizarre love triangles....

Posts: 68  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he has a few interviews set up for the next couple of weeks. Yesterday he was home all day waiting for something and then later in the day when he wasn't home he got 3 phone calls all on top of each other. Imagine that! We both are excited and hope that something he likes and wants comes out of it.

CONGRATULATIONS BABE!

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now he has

job interviews tomorrow. They are just flying in. When it rains it pours.

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck tomorrow Eric. I know you will find something that you will like to do. My prays will be with you.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

He has a second interview Friday a.m. with the company he interviewed with on Tuesday. I would tell you the company, but I will let him do that when and if he gets the position. I would say when, because I have a pretty good feeling that he will get the job. He is excited about it and so am I.

Everyone Cross Your Fingers

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My figers are crossed !!!!!!!! And I will also say a prayer for Eric and his job hunting.
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Medtronics decided to go for someone that is certified

It would have been nice to work there, it is just down the road from home. But that is okay, MQSoftware is still thinking... That is a nice company that is new, growing, and still somewhat close to home.

That's it for this update.

Opps I guess that I might as well tell you all, that I am also thinking about going back to Target as an executive. They would pay pretty good, more hours, but it is something that I enjoy doing. Interacting with others.

But then again who knows what will happen

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear that you didn't get the one job you thought you wanted. Remember though there is a reason for that, besides that you aren't certified.

If you decide you want to go back to Target more power to you. If it makes you happy there is nothing wrong with it. Not only that then we could get 10% discount. We could use that as often as we go there. I know that you enjoyed Target back two or three years ago and think you still would.

Good Luck

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you didn't get the job you thought you would like. Some thing is out there though.

Another advantage of Eric going back to Target besides the 10% is he is a great shopper and can pick up some GOOD deals for us. I miss that part of him not being there. If you go back Eric remember me here in Willmar when you find good deals. LOL

John
Member # 5

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

REALITY CHECK

You're getting an extra trailer and 5 people called in sick. Oh, and it's reindeer run tomorrow...you're screwed.

Hey, we need to set Back-To-School but can't find anyone to work overnight. And we have to be the first one's in the district to set it because we're brownie hounds! Then I can send out an email to the district saying we were first and here's the LONG list of NOP and missing product that had to be flexed! Cool, and I've only been here 19 hours!

Oh, a surprise district visit in 30 minutes? Thanks for the warning!

I'm sorry the shopping cart dented your car. Yes, we try to make sure all the carts are rounded up to prevent this kind of thing. Oh, oops, yes our cart attendant is on break now that you mention it...

Dang! My best backstocker is suddenly afraid of LADDERS!!! Oh well...guess I can do it myself...

Who the heck trashed the shoe backstock AGAIN??? My ghost percentages are going to be the highest in the district if I can't find somebody to rescan it all in....WAIT, I'm overspent in payroll already, guess I'll do it myself. Should only take me 12 hours to clean it up and scan it...honey, I'll be late again...

Okay, gang, here is another customer slogan for you to remember...c'mon, it's FUN, it really MEANS something...and if you don't remember it when a distric visit comes, then it's my BUTT....so PLEASE remember it so I can look good and keep my job!!!

Back up at the Electronic boat...it's December 20th...busy, busy, busy..."Hey, pal, your employee quoted this TV to me at $120 and that's what the sign says (oops, wrong sign), NOW he says it's $350, that's False Advertising! What are you going to do about it, pal???"

Oh...and a note from the closing LOD..."Eric, the cash office was off $2,300, couldn't find it...sorry". Now you get to deal with it, along with all the fun morning vendors, call in's, little emergencies, and general retail CRAP!

More power to ya if you want to go back to what's easy for ya. But you have skills that you can use in another industry. I'm sorry...10% off is NOT worth it! Just your buddy giving you his .02!

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you that don't know John he left Target at a point in which he was burnt out. He started at Target as an Executive and never knew Target as the Fun place where you got to meet lots of new people.

To see the Smiles on someones face when you sold them something that the really wanted and not something that had the MOST features.

That how I started at Target. As a Level 1 selling merchandise and providing guest service.

He really doesn mean well in his last post. It just that he left Target SICK of it and I left Target like I was leaving a friend of 7 years.

We both just have different looks on it. I just won't go back as a FLOW Executive. That I didn't like. NO interaction with guests. That is what I like doing

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

If you are happy at where you are working it doesn't matter what others think. Yes, it would be idea to get a job that uses your better skills, but until then you use your next best asset, your people skills!

If your happy where you're at it doesn't matter what you do.....

John
Member # 5

Icon 12 posted      Profile for John   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I don't mean any disrespect, Toop, you know that...but don't go romanticizing the retail life either.

You know how busy your weekends are now? Well, cut 'em in half, cuz that's the way it'll be. And daycare? Don't know how that will impact you?

Anyway.....good luck! By the way, just got a call from someone you interviewed with. I told them you sucked.

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: