Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » A New Home!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A New Home!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have signed a purchase agreement on buying a house. It is a 4 level, 1983 built, 1900 sq ft finished and large fenced in backyard for Maria, Eric, I and our future puppy to play in. So everyone pray that all goes well and the inspection and finances go through as good. If all does go as planned we will close Dec 15th! EEK! We will need as much helpers as possible to stripe wallpaper, paint and move. So if your able call or let us know by email....
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Refreshments will be provided
Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Here is what the house looks like

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited November 05, 2000).]

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is the house we have a purchase agreement with and hope to be in by Dec 16th.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited November 05, 2000).]

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice looking house wish we were buying but we will in good time. We have a nice place for the time being. Glad to hear the good news and hope all goes well for you. How long have you been looking at that? Aren't you going to build a house?
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason my other reply didn't get on there. Yes, I did hit the right button. That is great news about your purchase agreement hope all works out. How long have you been looking that it? Thought you wanted to build?
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have been looking since Eric lost his job, because we had more time on our hands. But last week we got more serious about it and was trying to figure out what way would be cheaper. First we thought we would buy a house from the 1960's which are cheaper but more work to get it the way we would like so in the end the same to buy newer. Then we thought we should build, but for the price to build we could buy existing at same price with more square footage finished, no landscaping expense and ready to move in.

To build the house we really would want would cost us $1700 a month including taxes and we both knew that it wasn't worth it to us to strap ourselves financially that much.

Thanks and we are looking forward to all the excitment of it all.

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Sometimes you can find nice houses on the market but it just takes time to find them. As you have found out on building a new house we to have found out, also. It's a lot of work putting all together sometimes it just doesn't seem worth all the trouble. We are seriously thinking of purchasing the home of an older lady but it'll be another 2-3 years before it happens because of two things she isn't ready to move (her husband passed away 2yrs ago and isn't ready) and we want to have a good financial picture going into buying a home. We'll be here for sometime but we can enjoy the place we live in because it is nice and homey, also, the right price.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your time will come. We each have our times when we feel comfortable taking that big step towards buying. To us paying just about as much in renting is better to put into a house payment. There is more expenses like lawn mowers, shovels, etc. We are ready to take that step and the expense that comes with it.

Keep your goals in sight and they will become reality.

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

The house inspection went great. So now we just need the appraisal to go well, which I don't think will be any problem and for the actual financing to be finished. Then the house is ours!!!
Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished reading all you guys had to say about your house. I think its great and when you can find a house that you like already built and fensed in I think that is even greater. I agree about the already to move in and the lawn already done. Thats the way I'd go. Can't wait til you know for sure. I'll do what I can to help when I can. I haven't got a second job for weekends yet so maybe I'll wait for awhile. Keep us informed.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the help we can get the better. Otherwise, Eric and I will be doing it all by ourselves. Not that it will be a problem, but will be a lot of work for the two of us. If all us fails we will just do one room at time and will take us a few more months rather then right away. That is alright also.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: