Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Our Apartment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Apartment
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Apartment is really looking bare. We took down all the pictures and most of the decorations in the house. Packed up all the movies, 1/5 of the kitched cupboards, moved the treadmill to the gargage, packed all the CD's, 1/2 of the computer desk, and packed Sheryl's Creative Memories stuff. So our house is turining into a house full of boxes fast.

Its amazing how empty is looks now

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynn
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynn           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear you guys, better sooner than later.
Posts: 79 | From: New London, MN 56201  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we just need some more boxes. If you happen to see anything that we can bring home with us next Thursday please pick them up for us. Try to keep them no more bigger than the size of copy paper boxes if you know what I mean. Something that isn't to big to carry and not break your back.
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats being organized if you ask me. But thats what makes less stress in life. Thats the way I always like to do it but for some reason as I get older it gets harder and harder to be organized. I have to make list of what I have to do and in what order I want to do it. Wish I could be there to help but it doesn't look like you need me and I'll come when your all moved. Send us your new address. Where will Maria be that day. Do you need any one to be with her?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We will have a lot of help and it helps that we don't have a whole lot. Less than we had when we moved in here. Sheleen bought the iron bed, Mom Toop bought the desk, Mom Pederson bought my computer and we got rid of a lot of things we didn't need or use anymore.

Maria will be with her Dad for the weekend and hopefully until Monday so that we can be pretty much moved in before she gets back.

I got my organization from my mom. You taught me well. Eric took the bull by the horn this time. He brought up all the rubbermaids from the garage earlier in the week and had intended to start then, but we both agreed to do it when Maria wasn't here. Make it easier on us and her.

Shannon Papendorf
unregistered

Icon 13 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl-how would you like to move as much as Aunt Jean and Uncle Jim did,back when we were kids??? Or don't you remember? It was atleast twice a yr. for a number of yrs. We did the samething where we lived with boxes in the living rm of a trail house for a whole month. That was a long month!! I hope that we can move one more time,in about 4 more yrs. That means we lived 10yrs at our 1st 2 places and that the next place will be the last time til we get old. Well we loved to help but it dosen't look like it'll work out-I have to work that wkend. Hope all goes go on the day you move,will be thinking of yous.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I don't remember ever knowing that Jean and Jim moved that much. I do remember hearing about a lot of trips they took or were they talking about the moves?

I do remember moving a lot with mom when we were growing up. I think when we were in 9th grade we moved three times in one year. That was a hard year for us being in three different schools that year, but we lived and learn to make a lot of friends.

We hope that this is our last move for a long time, maybe another 10 years.

Thanks for thinking about coming to help us, but we do have enough help right now. We don't have all that much to move. We have been doing the packing gradually then moving it to the garage as we go. It should go smoothly.

Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What three schools did you go to that year? We moved before you started school didnt we? Or did you start Clear Lake before we moved to Barron? Sorry about that year. Im sure it was hard on you and I would never had done it if I hadn't needed to. Glad you got through it all okay.
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't hard when we looked back on it, but at the time when you go to two new different schools it is hard to make new friends. I think that year we built more character because the adjustment that we went through.

Nothing personal on you mom. We have to do what we have to do and you didn't do it for on purpose we do know.

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was just being nervous about how it would work out more then the actual move. Like creating new friends, getting to know the area but I think of those last years the most memoriable for me. We've learned how to adjust more so then those that stay in one place and never go to different schools. They may not be able to adjust as well and not know how to make new friends. Thanks for the great memories anyway!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I think that it just helped us build more character...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: