Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Oh My.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh My.....
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew what it ment to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving Day. Today I found out. We were up at 5:00 and out the door at 5:30 and to Wal-mart at 5:45.

I always heard stories about people running for things and out of their mines trying to get good deals. People grabbing for things, running you over to get to the good deals and they are right.

We drive into Wal-mart and there is people parking on the hill and a line of people lined up to the road! Thank heavens we had Mom Toop with, who had knee surgery and has a handicap parking sticker so that we didn't have to search for a parking spot. That was the first time and last time for a long time.

We did save a lot of money on things we wanted, but sometimes the extra dollar saved isn't worth your sanity.

A MAD HOUSE!

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea Sheryl had never been shopping the day after Thanksgiving before. I told her to run to the toy department and Eric to run to the electronic department and me in my wheel chair would do for myself. We had Sheryl grab a cart outside because we could tell they were going fast. On her way to the toy deparment she ditched the cart because she couldn't get through all the people very well with it.

We got almost everything we planned on and got out of the store. Of course we had a list of what we wanted that we had written and re-written BUT we left it on the kitchen table.

I laughed so hard when I found out Sheryl had never shopped this day before and she thought we were kidding when I said run to the departments to get what we wanted. She had no idea I was serious until she saw all the people.

We than went to K-Mart and than to Target.
We got home about 9:45, had breakfast and than went shopping for appliances. Came home and had Taco's that Lynn was fixing for us and than Sheryl and Eric went home. We bought a lot of things and had a busy morning.

Sheryl now tell the people we did have some good laughs about the whole thing. Get ready for next year Sheryl!

[This message has been edited by Vonnie (edited November 24, 2000).]

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we did have a good time. I've never seen such a mad rush of people before. I always thought when people would describe what it was like they were over exaggerating,

BUT THEY WEREN'T!

Next year we will be staying over night at the place so we can be the first ones there!

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon Pederson
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about your day after thanksgiving and had a good laugh. I have never been shopping the day after thanksgiving either and from what you tell us I know I never will. Anyway I don't think I will. I just realized that I just said never and I have regretted saying that word before so I just don't think or plan ever going shopping after thanksgiving. Glad you got your shopping done though and got out of there in one piece.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon Papendorf
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been shopping the day after Thaksgiving!
But I went by myself which was nice. I don't know about these mothers that bring their kids!! I also made out my list and decided which place to go to first. Stacy and I went shopping on Friday and found some good buys.It wasn't anything like the day after Thanksgiving.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: