Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Viki?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Viki?
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My little girl is asking me to call her Viki I didn't want to call her that. Now what does a Mother do? Should I give in and call her that or do I stick to Victoria? I asked her if she wants a nickname could at least be Torie or Toria but no that isn't the name she wants. I tried it once or twice but I have a hard time with it.

Let me know what you'd do if you were me.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you I would let her be called Vicki or Viki. After all that is the short version of her name. My friend Vicki Lacina, her really name is Victoria. Every once in awhile I will call her Victoria and she doesn't mind, but does prefer Vicki.

I remember Andrew, Vince's youngest did the same thing. He wanted to be called Andy and is to this day. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you not like the name Vicki?
Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind the name Vicki but just not use to it. She don't look like a Vicki but I have agreed to at least try it. She would like it spelt Vicki so if you'd like to call her that go ahead.

We went to the craft store in town here and when we were about to leave I said "Come on Vicki it's time to go." You should have seen her face and eyes they lit up like a christmas tree. Whatever makes her happy maybe some day she'll want to be call Victoria again.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard of that where they wanted to be called different,then as they got older they went back to their real name. I know of a Tamara that everyone called her Tammy but as I called her by that she just nicely said I could call her by the name Tarama. It took me by surprise,I just didn't question it. I just figured that she went back to her real name.

I guess that's why we called Our kids with a name that they couldn't change. There was some names that I had picked out that you couldn't really changed but Jeff would say no to the name b/c it was a name that you could make fun of-like Peter. Peter Peter pumpkin eater...

[This message has been edited by we5andjj (edited February 01, 2001).]

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL....I like that illistration! "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater"!

The name Vicky is a nice name though, maybe not what you were think, but still as nice as Victoria. Like Shannon says she might get older and want it back to her real name.
I think it just a phase she is going through.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited February 01, 2001).]

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually like Viki too. Maybe she feels it to long to write?

[This message has been edited by we5andjj (edited February 01, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited February 02, 2001).]

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've decided that we'll call her VICKI not with a y or and e but Vicki. Please start calling her that if it don't bother you too much. Once you start calling her that it don't sound so bad and you should see her bright shiny face when you call her that. It could be a lot worse name. The kids in school call Jordan, pfingy, but Jordan don't want to be called that at home. He don't mind the school kids calling him that though.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: