Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » PTO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PTO
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just on to read the respons! But now it's time to go to the PTO mtg at school.

It's interesting to know what's going on. I'll explain some other time. Sheleen do you go?

PS I did this in a hurry and did not read over what I typed. It sure sounded funny! I'm not good at remembering these smile Legends. So I had to reedite! I'm sure glad that a person can redo what a person sends!!! It's so different from typing it first and then to go to reading it later. I sometimes find myself saying- That's not what I wanted to say.
Oh Boy, this isn't turn out so good-3x's of editing! I better quit while I'm ahead. Really I don't think I'm even to far ahead on this posting!

[This message has been edited by we5andjj (edited February 02, 2001).]

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't understand that message Shannon. What did you mean on to read and responce and what is pto
Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see what you mean,Mom!
Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still don't know what you are talking about Shannon. What is this PTO? Parents Talk Out Loud? LOL Clueless!
Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feel bad Shannon I do the same thing only I don't edit it. And don't know how to redo it afterwards. Just start over is better. I got a message from Jane M the other day and didn't have a clue what she was trying to say either. Still don't I emailed her back and asked her what she meant and haven't heard from her yet.I don't know how to do those smiles yet either. Haven't had time to figure it out and feel I might as well leave well enough alone. HAHA
Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

PTO is the mtg for parents to go over the $ that was raised from fundraising. The only thing is that it's called S.T.E.P now and not PTO. When Maria gets to school you'll find out more. Also it's parents that help out with the decorating for the concerts and other oranizations for the school. Helping out the Teachers in class,making the school album etc.
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PTO used to stand for:

Parent
Teacher
Organization

At least it did where I come from. Not sure if things have changed since then. It was a meeting that took place say once a month or once a week or so for any interested parents & school staff to discuss current issues & upcoming events. It enabled the parents to be better informed & become active & involved in their children's school activities & events. When we were growing up our folks & grandfolks were actively involved in this & it was a fun way to have family involved in your school life.

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy-Thanks for helping me out. I'm new at this,I've been to 2 mtgs so far and it's fun.

That is correct on what PTO stands for. But for whatever the reason,this school calls it S.T.E.P. But I couldn't tell you what they mean. I'll have to ask.

It is only the once a month for an hr sometimes it goes over like last night. We're on for next yrs budget as to what is leftover and as to what to do with the extra $. Keep it for next school yr or maybe the Teachers could use it for their class.

I'm incharged for raising $ for a field trip in May. It's unreal what the bus Company charges!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: