Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Saftey concern!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saftey concern!!
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are most businesses more concerned about money and profit then they are for the safety of their customers?

During the past week, I would say that most of the businesses I've visited have done nothing to reduce or get rid of the ice that has formed during the recent ice storms and thawing temperatures.

Don't they know that there was a discovery many years ago called SALT? And even in modern times they have invented other salt type items that won't hurt pavement, tar, or landscaping.

But even with these modern inventions businesses tend to not care if a customer slips or falls on their property. They have insurance and that is all that matters. Even when you loose your balance you can do damage to your body. For example, my mother recently had knee surgery. If she would slip, her body would react to that and hurt her new, still healing knee, pretty good.

I pled to all businesses and homeowners out there to please think of the safety of their customers and family and do something to eliminate ICE from their property.

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you Eric. I have noticed the same thing. I wouldn't mention any names of stores but last night I went to 2 different places and because of my recent knee surgery I was scared to death to walk. My mistake was I didn't say anything when I got inside. If I would fall right now it would be a disaster. When someone in my class before surgery asked about falling this winter, the doctor said he couldn't even begin to tell us what all could happen, so he said DON'T FALL!

The next time I find this situation, I am going to say something to the store manager.

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: