Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Grandma Ninneman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grandma Ninneman
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grandma Ninneman fell on the ice today coming out of Ritas resturant going
to her car. She had finished her job and was going home.
She has a concusion and they think she might have broken some vertabras in
her back. Their not sure yet. The xrays show something that they are still
examining.
If she has this will mean a nursing home were afraid.
Jean will keep me informed and I will let you know as soon as I know
anything.

This is what I got from mom. Lets hope that it isn't as serious as it sounds. I'll keep everyone updated when I find out.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are so sorry to hear this. That ice can be so darn dangerous. Sometimes you don't even notice how slick it can be.

Our thoughts & prayers are with you all, we're hoping she's not suffering too much pain & any real serious damage that may affect her lifestyle or living arrangement.

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Tam for putting us in your prayers. We are hoping for the best and that is all we can do at the moment.

This is what mom emailed me.....

I've talked to Grandma right after the doctor had talked to them and she
told me that he said that she has a crushed vertebra in the middle of the
back. She said that she didn't have any pain and that the doctor said that
she could go home when ever she wanted to.
But she said that she is so weak and could hardly lift her head off the
pillow. They were giving her pain medicine interveneously. and they were
taking her off of it.
I think that the doctor is not saying anything and letting her find out for
herself.
But I don't see how she is going to be able to take care of herself nor work
at the resturant any more. I think that when that pain medicine wears off
that she is going to be in horrible pain and I don't know where things are
going to go from there. But we wiil have to just wait and see.
I plan on changing my plan from going to Iowa next week to going there for
my time off from here.

Again, I will keep you posted as I know it.

This, of course, was me Sheryl that was posting not Eric...LOL Did what Lynn did or Eric did what Mom Vonnie did. See we all aren't perfect!

[ March 02, 2001: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to hear that is all Grandma got from the fall. Atleast I hope that's all it is. She is lucky if she doesn't have much more than alittle pain. By morning she'll know for sure but if the xrays don't show anything it makes you wonder if they are looking at the right thing. I don't have much faith in Doctors after our experiece with Ryan being sick. I just hope she'll be okay and able to come in March. I MISS HER SO MUCH!!

[ March 02, 2001: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt if Grandma will be coming in March if she has any pain but hopefully she don't have much and she'll be able to bare it. If she don't come you'll have to plan a time to go spend with her. She did get a concussion out of it, so she'll be quite tired for sometime. Poor Grandma
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a concussion she can go home right away?
It was mention she wasn't in pain-which is hard to understand if she landed on her back?

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand it either but as you know doctors can be quite dumb. I hope that she isn't going home too soon.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just called Grandma and they are moving her to a home she doesn't know what kind of home only she can't go home and be alone. She is still dizzy and sick to her stomach from the blow on the head.
She says now they tell her that this back injury is something she has had before. Not to sure what she means by that and she couldn't explain.
I am going there Thurs. morning and stay til Sun. Will see then more of what is going on.
I will report any new things that I get before I go.
And if Eric tells me how I'll report on the website when I am there. Could call Vonnie and have her tell you too.
Am very tired so am going to bed early and will post some more tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get time.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see that she isn't going home by herself being that she had a concussion and possibly a crushed vertebrae.

Eric and I would like to come and visit her so let us know what home she will be at and how long. We have the weekend pretty much open so we can come spend sometime with her.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about Grandma. This is the first time I read it. I am sorry for that. This is why I have to read things every day. I know Eric you keep telling me that but now I have learned my lesson.

It isn't that far for me to go see her, so let us know when anybody finds something out. I think she is a neat lady. When Sharon and her stopped at my house this fall, I listened to her aches and pains, so she thinks I'm a neat person also.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We went to see Grandma Friday evening and Saturday. She is doing very good. I took her out to do some erronds, we visited with her and Eric teased her often. In good spirits and doesn't seem like she fell. At times she has a dizzy spell and a few aches and pains. She had us laughing several times though so she has lost her humor in it all.

[ March 16, 2001: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: