Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Winter Is Back......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Winter Is Back......
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a little while anyways. You would have thought this was the first snow fall for the winter. The way people were driving...I think they forgot already. Already this a.m. on the way to work they reported 30 accidents and several are roll overs.

Take it slow and you will arrive alive and in one piece.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is amazing how one forgets how to drive in this white stuff. I even had to keep reminding myself to just go slow. We had about 6" of that stuff and we are still receiving it now and tomorrow it is to start blowing so it could get interesting out this way. Kids don't want it because they don't want to miss anymore school otherwise they'll have to go later in the June.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids were not to happy to see the snow this morning. We are in the middle of a snow storm and there still is school. More than likly the kids will be let out by noon. That way it's still counted as a day of school. A lot of other parents are not happy with this school board. It's not easy to make arrangments for the kids while you're at work. The last time this was done where the kids went to school and sent home at noon the kids were feed in 10 mins. What a joke! I don't understand whats so hard to decide to close,especially when we haven't used A snow day yet this school yr.
(Ryan) (Leah) (Jason)

[ March 12, 2001: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it sounds like we all are getting it this time. We woke up to 8" of snow. I was at Medas and the doctors are still in Flordia. They come back tonight late. Will they ever be surprised.

There was no school here today either so the kids didn't miss any thing and I didn't have to entertain them. heheh

I had an interesting morning though. I finished cleaning for Meda and then left at 9:30am to go see if I could get around to get Genevas groceries and our groceries here. In two different grocery stores. Well I found out that my car moves pretty well if you go slow. I didn't have any trouble. Except when a semi passed me on 52. He sprayed ice and snow all over me which I wasn't to happy about because I just had it washed last week. And I have that salt all over my car.

Now I'm home and have to think about going out in it again at 5:45. Not sure if I should call in and say I can't make it or go. I missed two days last week and my next check is going to be pretty small. Oh, well I could live with out it and I could loose my life if I go. I have to hurry up and make up my mind so they can get some else to do it. But I don't know if theres going to be much work anyway. Most of the people who work there probably didn't come in anyway. Decision,decision, decision. I hate to make decisions any more.heheh

You all take it easy out there and get home safely. Love Ya all MOM

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you believe it just a year ago at this time it was 80 degrees outside? I don't remember it but that is what the radio weather man said
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: