Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Need Help....Fund Raiser

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help....Fund Raiser
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone would like to give $5 or more dollars to the MS....Multiple Sclerosis Society?

A friend of mine is going to roller blade in the Sun 75 between Hinckley and Duluth. I was going to participate, but pulled out because physically I didn't feel I was ready to do that. I did volunteer to help raise some money. My goal would be to raise $250 or more if possible with everyones help.

My friends father has been suffering with it for the past 5 years, he is 57 and he developed it very suddenly there was no warning.

He is a very active man and now he has a hard time walking and doing normal things like mowing the lawn. At work he is a machinist he needs to sit down and work. But he gets all his stuff done it just takes a few more breaks than normal. There really isn't anything that can be done right now except take medication to help with the pain.

Our grandpa died of MS when Sheleen and I were 7 years old. I believe that he was in his middle 50's when he passed on. A very young age, too young! So it is something that we are familiar with and affected by it.

We would like to donate enough so that they can continue the research and maybe someday with our help find a cure for it. We can only dream right now.

If you want to learn more about it go to.... www.mssociety.com and if you want to donate you can just send a check or cash to me and I will pass it on to my friend for you.

Thanks!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a little example of where the money goes or how much it helps out.

Donations to the MS Society may be used to underwrite the following programs:

$200

Provides new books or videos for the MS Society library.

Partially underwrites the cost of a support group meeting for one year.

Provides dressing aids, writing aids and adpative eating utensils for four people.

$500

Pays for one month's rent for one person with MS through the Emergency Assistance Program.

Underwrites an employment workshop for people with MS.

$1,000

Underwrites the cost of a six-week wellness program for 15 participants with MS.

Provided partial funding to make a bathroom accessible for one person with MS.

$2,000

Underwrites attendance for at least six participants at MS Camp.

Provides three "MS Basics" workshops for people who are newly diagnosed with MS.

$3,000

Provides 12 cooling vests for people with MS.

Provides an electric scooter for the MS Society's equipment loan pool.

$5,500

Pays to underwrite the cost of Therapeutic Horseback Riding Programs.

Underwrites one standing frame to assist a person who uses a wheelchair.

Defrays the cost of leg braces for 15 people with MS.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll send you $10. Sheryl. I only wish that the money was going to help them understand the cause of the disease and fix it instead of looking for something to cover it up with.

My two brothers now have a form of MS. It has a different name for it though. I told my chiropractor about it and he said that it is am immune disease. In other words their immune system isn't working right and needs some help. I throughly believe that if they were to omit all dairy and animal foods and take "WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENT" , also omit sugar and fat foods that they would see an awful lot of difference in their health.

I know and take a whole food supplement and for the reason that since so many relatives in my dads family have these immune diseases. I have just started taking a different one. The one I was taking, I found, wasn't whole food and I have noticed a real diffence in the way I feel. I have more energy, I don't have as much muscle soreness and I have really noticed a difference in my mind and memory. I feel less stressed out. And I know that if it hadn't been for the food supplement some one sent to me when I was laid up with my back problem after I had already had two surgeries I wouldn't even be able to do any of the things that I do do or as much as I do.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about it for themselves or this friend of yours who father has MS give me a call or email me. I'd be glad to tell them about it and help them get it and see how it will help them.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mom, but it does do part of that. That is just an example of what your money can do. It is showing you how much it really helps these people and their families. It is an on going thing to find a cure or how & why we are affected by this disease.

I don't believe omiting all foods intirely from your diet is going to be the complete answer. If you minimize it where you not eating it all the time or in moderation. I don't think you or anyone person could give up ice cream, butter, milk, yogurt, etc. I know I can't.

Good luck to those who will be participating in this fine way of raising money. I will be thinking of you and the long conditioning before you have to go....

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Two more months before the big day. Actually I think it is the first weekend of August. I've only gotten feed back from Mom that she will give $10.00. Is there anyone else that would like to donate a few dollars to help in the search, understanding & helping families affected by MS please either email me at sheryl@toop.org or send it to us. If you need our address please email me and I will reply back with it.

Thanks!

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can put me down for $10.00. What's your address so I can send it today. (6/25)
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Stacy....sent our address to your work email address.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It is that time to collect $ for MS Sun 75. Next weekend they will be roller bladding for a good cause from Hinckley to Duluth. Lets hope that they have nice weather for it. Cool, not hot or raining.

Those of you that have made a pledge you can either send it to me now or have it to me by Aug 5th so that I can give it to Sherri Monday morning. Those of you that haven't if you want to donate just let me know and I'll be more then happy to pass it on.

Good luck Girls!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for reminding me of this. I've thought of it several times only didn't do anything about it. I will try and get it off tomorrow but if it doesn't get there in time pay for it for me and I will be sending the money to you anyway.

Yes, good luck girls. And hope that the weather will be just right too.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: