Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » New category

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New category
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think we could get a category for suggestions/help on doing things the easier way. Like for cleaning, making time for kids/ourselves, ect?

For instance, I learned that: if you have open space above your cupboards, put newspaper down so when it gets dirty and dusty up there, you can just roll up the newspaper and throw it away instead of dusting since it's hard to get up there.

Also, I learned that there is no need to dust with a rag & spray. You can dust with a feather duster! It's quicker and less expensive.

Just a suggestion - I like new and quick ideas.

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats funny I've been giving you suggestion along this catagory for a long time and you didn't like them then. heheh

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I want quick and easy ideas! ha!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on you two....if you had it quick and easy how would you appreciate it as much. If it came easy we would take too much advantage of all the free time that you have you would get lost with yourself...LOL

Of course, I'm just kidding. The easiest way would to just not do it period or hire someone to do it. My problem would be that they wouldn't do it good enough for me that I would end up doing it over....then what is the point.

I say do what you can do when you can do it. It won't leave if you wait until after you do what you want to do with your kids, etc. Life is short!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only problem is when I have time to do it, I have so much that I don't even put a dent in it!! The laundry is about 10 piles high, the floors are always dirty, the laundry room always has shoes, coats, etc all over, the yard work hasn't been touched, I haven't had time to file paper work, balance the checkbook, pay the bills, I have alot of chapters to read for my class, refrig is a mess, windows not clean, chandelers are dirty, lights a filthy, basement has a ton of stuff that's not needed but needs to be gone through.

I think I should just quit work and stay home! (then I'd lose everything cause nothing would get paid!!)

Can you tell I'm stressed? LOL This is what I look like

Calgon, take me away!!

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound like you could use a smaller house
or a maid! My maid is my lovely husband!! He has his chores and I have mine. He vaccum,dust and help in the kitchen.
I do the laundry,clean the bathrms and help in the kitchen. I make beds Monday-Thurs and Jeff makes them Fri-Sunday. I do garbage and he does the lawn or shovel snow. What a deal. Don't feel sorry for me! ha ha ha
I know that if I had to do it all by myself I would (and I have threaten) quit my job too. That would mean Jeff would have to take on another parttime job.
I think it would be nice to share ways of helping each other out! But I am still having problems with this big kid of mine peeing on the toilet seat!!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go!! That's good that he helps, as you say "you work too"!

My husband helps too but not on a regular basis. He's suppose to wash & fold clothes but he doesn't keep up with it and it takes him all week to get the wash done so by the he gets done he has 10 more loads!!

My kids to a better job! Alex has been good at wanting to do things but always wants to get paid for it! We're working on learning how to wash and fold clothes. The girls can put the clothes away as they are pretty good at that.

I'm riding the bus now so I have a half hour to and from work to do my reading but I'd rather sleep as I'm just sitting there and it makes me sleepy!!

Our chester freezer went on the blink and we didn't notice it until it was to late so we lost about $200 worth of meat!!! What a mess. (Denny did stay up late last night cleaning it! So I can't say he doesn't help with the house work, just wish it would be on a regular basis instead of when he feels like it!)

A girl here at work has been giving me tips on cleaning. She said to get a calendar and write all your cleaning jobs for each day and then add what needs to be done each month, each year ect and break them up into days throughout that month you want those monthly and yearly jobs done. Sounds good!

Also she said to get a lambs wool cloth to dust rather then a feather duster because the lambs wool doesn't put the dust back into the air where the feather duster does!!

I guess I was just feeling stressed this week!!

Thanks for all your ideas. Keep them coming!

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I like that calendar idea. We have used that with our meals and works pretty good. I'm going to start that though. Thanks for the good idea. Then everyone knows their job and when it has to be done. No surprises for no one. Mom used to do that with Sheleen & I in Chetek....I don't remember it at all in Clear Lake.

Stacy things are normal just at times they seem to pile up more and some weeks we can't take it as well. It will get better.

Sorry to hear about your freezer.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: