Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Holiday weekend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holiday weekend
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well what did all of you do for the Memorial Holiday?

We had friends at our house until Sunday after dinner. Saturday we had a graduations and did some cleaning. Sunday we packed up and went camping at Lake Shetek and the Schrieber's camp grounds with another young couple. The guys went fishing from 5:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Us gals held down camp and took a walk. We saw deer, peligans, turtles, and watch baby birds be hatched in the small pines tree where we tented.

After dinner we packed up and left for home. Got all unpacked, van washed and started on washing clothes. Went to DQ for supper and the park. Watch a little fast pitch baseball and came home. We were in bed by 8:30 p.m. so had a good nights sleep and ready for another week.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Eric,Maria & I went to St.Cloud to attend Jane & Bruce's wedding. Before hand we went to see Maria Pavokovich. She was excited to see us and to finally meet Eric.

Saturday, Sunday & Monday were just relaxing days. We did our wash, grocieres and house cleaning Saturday and Monday. Sunday was a day of rest.

Eric had the flu so we didn't go to far and didn't do much. Now Maria, Grandma & I are hoping that we don't get it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My weekend didn't go as planned at all.

I did help Lynn (my daughter) move to New London. We started Wednesday night and than I was going to get a truck from work on Friday night, but it rained so we got nothing done on Friday night. I did get the truck from work on Sat and Sunday. Just a pickup truck so we had many trips. The truck I used had only 5,000 miles on it and 4 doors, so it was really nice.

I was going to go to Eric & Sheryl's on Sunday, but with Eric being sick they told me not to come. So I just keep helping Lynn.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WE in Sheryl's cleaning statement was here and grandma. I was laying on the couch most of the weekend. My head felt like it was going to explode... couldn't sleep, couldn't eat... I did lost almost 10 lbs though!!

Thank you Love for babying me this weekend. I felt bad for leaving the wedding early and not doing anything this weekend. But like Sheryl told me... Rest up and Today I feel 90 better!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you got sick no fun to be sick and over a holiday is worse. Glad you're feeling 90 o/o better today. That flu is going around here at work and hope I don't get it.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you all had a good time for Memorial weekend.

Friday night Alex had a school friend over and the girls went to Jan & Paul's overnight and went horse backriding. I spent most of my time washing clothes and washing more clothes and washing more clothes and washing . . . Well you get the point! Saturday we had a graduation to go to and came home and cleaned house and washed more clothes (ha!). Brianna was not feeling well Saturday night either. She had flu like symptoms but it only lasted the night but we didn't do anything or go anywhere 'cause we were not sure if it was the flu or being over exhausted. Then Monday we mowed the lawn, put away clothes and put away clothes (I don't know where all these clothes came from! - I think the neighbors brought theirs over and I didn't know it! Anyhow, Den started wall papering the camper - trying to get it ready to sell. Anyone looking for a nice camper? Continuing on with Monday - we went to a park with some of the friends here and played ball and volleyball and had a picnic. Then the kids and I played "Pig" basketball game and went riding on our bikes to the neighbors to say "Hi, we are alive and do live in that house down the road" and we got a tour of our "new" neighbors for the summers house. Big house for 3 people (no kids) Sister lives in the basement. It was a productive weekend and fun too!

The kids are home now. Tuesday being their first day alone all day. Received only one call (Colette got wet from the hose and didn't like it) House was pretty clean when I got home (a few things that they will get used to doing like empting the dishwasher and reloading it and sweeping the floor) We'll see how day 2 goes!

Thursday I leave for Alexandria until Saturday. Ryan is paying for all the employees to go fishing and having a R&R time. I'm having a message and laying around (will go for a walk and sit in the hot tub) but not fishing or golfing or horse backriding. I'll let those that don't have kids have fun. Knowing me, I'll end up talking myself into doing something besides sitting around!

Jeff & Shannon will be at our house when I get back from Alexandria. Men are paintballing and maybe us women will do some "shopping"!!! Sunday we'll probably celebrate Ryan's belated birthday. Alex worked hard to get him a birthday present with his own money.

Well, I better get to work before I get fired and can't enjoy me free weekend! ha!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With having to work from Thursday- Monday we didn't do much. Mom got here Sat. at 9am. we went out to Jeff's gradma to have lunch with her. I made a rhubarb dessert from her rhubarb to share with her. Sunday was a rest day but with the weather being so nice on Monday there was no way I was going to stay home and do nothing. We was with those from our church for a picnic. The young as well as the old. Lots of food and a nice game of baseball. The kids had so much fun that they didn't want to go. So they stayed longer and one of the friends brought them home. I had to work and Jeff had to get his
folks lawn mowed before they get home some
time this week. It's been doing so much raining that he hasn't had any other time to do it. Then all day Tuesday I had to bind the yr bks together to have ready to give out to the kids today.Being on the playground in the mornings since school started and not missing more than 5 days altogether along with doing the yr bk I am sick of school!! 2 more days of school and I get to sleep in yeepy~!!!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Stacy & Shannon thank you for the laughs. I'm usually laughing when I read your post. You have a few little jokes that you just add right into your post....shows your sense of humor.

Stacy how do you keep sain with all those clothes to wash? We do wash once a week and have about 5 or 6 loads that I wash those take me one full day. You need a maid!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric ~ We were so sorry to hear you were sick with the flu over the Holiday weekend. That is a lousy feeling. We hope you are feeling well again & regaining your strength more & more each day. We're thinking of you! ~ Tam & Doods
Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few minutes before I have to leave to go get Brice from his last day of school so I will try and report about my weekend. Since Shannon had to write this morning and ask.

I have been so busy this week I haven't had time to let anyone know about my weekend. I started to reply back to you Shannon and then got to thinking I should put this on here for the rest of them to read and not have to type it twice.

I couldn't believe the traffic last weekend. Memorial Weekend. It wasn't any different than any other weekend. I could hardly tell it was a holiday weekend. I also had a good book on cassette to listen to all the way to Shannons and back from JPs. That really makes driving enjoyable.

I was to Shannons on Sat. Got there at about 9:30am and was with them till after dinner Sun. And then I went to JPs and was there at 2:15pm Sun and left there at 3pm Mon.
Kind of a quick trip but I got to see all and had a wonderful time.

As Shannon said in her post that we went to Jeffs grandmas for dinner. Shannon took the food and we made it there. Enjoyed seeing Jeffs grandma but could see she has aged alot since I last was her. Always hate to see those changes in ones life but can't be helped. Its going to happen to me one of these days too.

The rest of the day I spent with Leah and Jason and Ryan. Shannon went to work and we just stayed at their place since it was raining off and on. Couldn't even go for a walk for fear we would get rained on.

They have had alot more rain then we have. So much water standing in the fields all over. It was sad. Many fields not even worked up yet and not planted.

Went to meeting with Jeff and Shannon and family. Enjoyed being there again. Its been a long time but its going to get longer in between trips with this gas prices. But I really was surprised how good my car did on gas. I had a new air filter and PC valve replaces with my oil change before I left and that must have done alot because I left here with a full tank went by Stacys and dropped off her pictures went down highway 94 to Wausua and then to JPs, an hour and half from Shannons and then left JPs and went about an hour before I put gas in and then it only took $21. at $1.89 a gal. And I am still going on the tank of gas. I have to fill up now (Fri.) but I feel that is pretty good. I wish I could remember to check the mileage but I'm always forgetting to check it when I go to fill up when I get home.

We went to Sues nephews graduation after I got there and stayed about an hour and half Then we went home and they showed me their cute little puppy and their horses and new barns and calves and cows. They have really added alot since I was there last and changed alot. They wanted me to get into the hot tub they have outside but I don't feel comfortable taking a soak outside plus it was raining again off and on.

Mon. we went to Green Bay to a Heritage Hill State Park To a living History Museum. That was really fun and nice way to spend some time together. Walking around looking at things as they were way back in the 1800s.

We got back to their place at 2pm and Sue fixed some of their steaks and a salad and I left right after that.

It was a nice weekend. Wish I could go more but time and money just doesn't allow it any more.

I have typed this in a hurry so I have probably left alot out and made alot of mistakes but your going to have to be happy I posted at all.

I probably won't be on here very much now this summer. I will have to get the house work done while Brice is at camp and then entertain him in the afternoon. And then to cleaning in the evening at my night job.And home to bed afterwards. But I will try and do alittle on Sat. if I can come home in the afternoon early enough after taking care of Meda and Geneva.

Everyone take care. I will try and find time some time to read the posting once in awhile so I will keep up on your news. Have a good summer. It will be here soon. I think

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: