Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Guess What????????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess What????????
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got to go swimming,swimming,swimming.
The weather finally got warm enough to go
swimming. Boy where the kids happy. The water is heated so it was not all that bad.
Oh how i would of loved to be a kid but being I had to go to work I didn't have the time to get in myself.Actually I had my hands full with 3 extra boys.

Heidi (Holewinski) Erickson boys. It was their anniv so she went to have lunch with her husband Craig b/c it would of been the only time for them to do something together being her mom and her are going somewhere for a stamping convention tomorrow and they have to leave tonight to get where ever they are going.

It's been working out nice for her and I trading with helping each other out. Wed. she took the boys while Leah and I went to a girl birthday party.

[ June 09, 2001: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! We are hoping next week will be warm so that while Dana & Victoria come to watch Maria that they can go swimming down the road from our house. Cross your fingers...

Nice that mothers can help each other out. It makes for a good support system.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The girls went swimming too on Friday. I was home for a Doctor's appt so was able to take them. We did not have a heated pool as it was a man-made lake! It was cold at first but Brianna said "After you got in it was okay". They've been having fun with Richelle but would rather have their brother back!! Surprised me when they said that! Brianna was missing him last night.

Hopefully it stays warm for the next 3 weeks. The kids start swimming lessons on Monday when the girls get back.

Thanks Shannon for taking the kids. It help make some highlights in their summer vacation. Can't believe we're already half way through June!!

Hope all is still going good!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't beleive it! I thought for sure one if you two would of said,"you're PG." ha ha One more would be nice but then maybe 3 will do.

We had a real storm tonight but nothing bad happened. I was at work and storms like tonight we have to get everyone to the basement-23 residents. Makes more work that I was hoping to have an easy night but no such luck.

No problem with having the kids for that time. They're going to have some memories for when they get older. The boys are doing real good-at times they act like brothers, then the next time they're having fun. I told them that Ryan couldn't go back with Alex while the girls have their time to come here.
They both ask,"Why not?" I said,b/c you had enough of each other that you'll just be fighting all the time while they are at Stacys-but they didn't think so!

while Alex was here we went bowling,swimming, and to the library. The boys did alot of biking and scooting back and forth to the school. Played on the computer,played the Harry Potter game Ryan got for his b-day. I then made them do some reading for some quite time! It was a great time for them.

[ June 12, 2001: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Eric help! Why does my postings get so
choppy????

--------------------
Shannon

Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You must be hitting ENTER after some lines and not others. You can just type in the box and it will automatically wrap the lines to the next line. You don't need to hit enter after getting to the end of a line in the white text box

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like everyone is having fun. Wish that I could be that age again... Yes, it is fun for cousins to get together.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the kids did have a good time!! They would of stayed another week but they were all acting like sister & brothers.

I think Brianna was so tired she was walking in her sleep last night. Went out to the garage. It was about midnight and I could hear someone out in the hall (which I'm surprised I heard - lately I've been sleeping pretty sound). But I heard someone say "Shhhh---you'll wake her up" I got up to check on the kids and Brianna's bed was empty!!! So I woke Denny up and we looked all over the house, calling her name and found her in the garage. I asked her what she was doing and she just said "I wanted to see the puppy!" (We have no puppy! just Lizzy who looked a little confused as to why we were all up and bothering her sleep!!) Denny carried her back to bed and she was sound a sleep.

Well they had a great time. They wish they had a swimming area like Ryan, Leah, & Jason do. That was a neat place! Colette could of stayed there all day!!

THANKS AGAIN, SHANNON!! You made their summer.

Shannon
Member # 19

You are Welcome. It was a joy to have them for atleast once this summer maybe once more before starting school. We had lots of fun.
I know my kids enjoyed it too even thou there was times they had to work out their problems. They are very tired from all the fun-swimming and more swimming. The circus was nice too but I won't of wanted to pay for it,thank goodness for free tickets for the kids and 1/2 for myself. The food is what robbed me. They were good to stay to what I said they could have.
That had to funny with Brianna! Ryan also was goofy in his sleep-talking about something,also fighting about something. Of course he doesn't remember anything.
We was to Ron and Jeanine on Sunday for Father's Day. Ryan stayed for the wk and the other two went to Grandma and Grandpa Papendorf until Friday. I plan to do some cleaning out closets,drewers and toys.
So much for enjoying some time to myself. Tues and Wed. are really my only time being I work Mon.,Thurs.,and Friday. I also watch a 2 1/2 yr old from 7am-1pm. Today I had a dentist appt. for a filling which I just HATE!!!! This my 3rd one in 4 wks,I'm good until my next 6 month visit in Nov.. After coming home I washed the floor,put clean sheets on the beds,cleaned out the Van now I need to vaccum it out. Oh how nice to be able to get all this done and wtih out having to do things over and over that was just done 10 min ago. But I do miss having those hugs and kisses and I love you mom. That is one thing my kids still are good about doing. Little Jennifer(Jeanines)doesn't give hugs and kisses to anyone,even her mom or dad. She turns her face to get the kiss.
Today is BEAUTFUL weather-cool but just the way i like it. Time for me to go and lay down on ice for my L hip. I have such pain after sitting to long,was to see the chrioc and again on Wed.
Have a great Day everyone. Tell Grandma Ninemman "HELLO"

--------------------
Shannon

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! You are a very busy person. Sounds like you all had a good time. Glad to hear it. If I had more time to take off from work to spend with them I would like to take and have them come to our place. This year it won't work, but I will try to schedule my vacation time so that I can have off next year when Maria doesn't have daycare and have a few of her cousins come to visit. She would love it.

Although Maria loves to play with other kids she does get kind of annoyed if she doesn't get her own time alone. Ask Dana & Victoria. She was getting a little annoyed when she couldn't play by herself off/on through out the days they were with her. Linda, her daycare mom, has noticed that to, but encourages us to let her have that time because it is good that they can play by themselves and have their own time yet have time with others. As long as it isn't more one way then another....if they can equally balance them out they are well balanced emotionally.

Nice that cousins can have such fun with each other. I don't remember much of that as a kid....a little with Maryln & Judy's kids.

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

I remember the fun time we had with Brad, Greg and Scott! They were the best Cousins!
Oh, the things we would get into!ha We did a lot of playing tag around the house,in the big barns on the place in New Richmond. And the times we had a Anut Sandy when they lived
down stairs from Grandma. We would play down in the woods where there was those big snakes and the horses chasing us threw the woods in the pasture!! ha Troy,Rod and Kelly was never around to play with. They were always off to some neighbors kids playing. Maryln's kids was fun too. Sherry,Shelly and Lynette I don't remember doing much other than the times we were together as family. Oh the good old days!

--------------------
Shannon

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl, I hope you don't feel like I wish you would take my kids for the summer like Shannon. It just worked out that way. I totally understand your situation as it is the same as mine.

I would also love to have Sheleen come and stay with the kids but after working all day and coming home to a house ful of kids. I don't think I would/could handle that to well. I have to be in bed by 7:30 and it's hard enough keeping my own kids quiet so I can sleep. So I understand not wanting kids at your house when your working. We'll have to try and make arrangements next year to get all the kids together to do something. We could do a weekend that works for us.

I know Dad is trying to get us all together this summer for a weekend of camping. Did he call any of you yet?

Being with cousins is fun. I remember doing lots of stuff with Brad, Greg & Scott. Sherry, Shelley & Lynette too at grandma's. We were hardly inside 'cause we were walking in the woods playing. Walking along side the river looking for ways to get across.

I spent many times with Kelly too for the summer. We would lay outside to get a tan and I'd get burnt and she'd tan. We'd ride our bikes around town to parks and meet her friends to play. Jean would take us out for breakfast and sometimes out to eat. Rod, Kelly & I would sit around at night watching TV. I remember Kelly always had to have a fan on at night or she couldn't sleep. Sometimes she would get mad at me 'cause her mom always sided with me (Jean would send her to her room 'cause she was being naughty) but we always had fun. We'd go out to the lake or over to grandma Belveau's. It was fun. But always good to come home too!

Remember all the times we would play some card game? What game was that? Skippo? Uno?

And the time Freddie got burnt by oil that splattered out of the pan when I was cooking. I burnt my hand too! But I was more worried about Freddie. His head was burnt pretty bad. Surprised he lived through it!

Anyhow, when the time permits to having cousins together, we'll do it. I'm trying to save up my vacation days for next year to do something together.

JUST REMEMBER THE HAPPY TIMES WE CAN HAVE TOGETHER!!

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, Stacy, that isn't what I was getting at sorry if that is how I came across. I just wish that I could do that, because Maria doesn't get to see her cousins very often, because of weekends are limited being that we have to share her with Vince. Then having to do things around home. Life just gets to busy.

I only remember the family times when we would go there for x-mas with dad. On his side. Mom's side was only with Marilyn's kids...they are more our age so I'm sure that is why I can only remember them.

Stacy you are so right....the good times are what you have to remember. I remember that even with our immediate family.

Yes, dad did call, but left a message. Haven't talk to him directly yet. That would be fun and hope that it can work out.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, like Sheryl, only remember being with Dad's side of the family at x-mas time. Also, that we spent a lot of time with Marlyn's kids.

We haven't heard from Dad about any camp get together. Let us know we'd like to come. Our children have very few times with their cousins. Victoria enjoyed herself throughly with Maria which was great for her. I don't think it bothered her that Maria would get upset with them near her all the time. Anyways, she never said anything about that. Just how cute she is and how she loves to play with her dolls. I'd like to have her sometime, after we are in the house, Victoria has tons of barbies she'd love to play with.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: