Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Happy 4th of July

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy 4th of July
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just got back from the fair grounds where we watched Motor-race. It was great! The youngest was 6 yrs old - 9 yrs old for the one group. They even had to go around 10 laps
just like the older age group. It was sooo cute but sad for them because it was lots of work for them. Some of them hardly could make it up the hills then they would fall over,get back on etc. some hands got sore and the bumps made it hard on the back and butt!

There was another group of kids about 14 yrs old-not as experince as another group of 20 yrs old(oldest was 28). The more experince ones were GREAT! They went flying in the air over this one hill. Jeff says about 12ft high and 100ft straight out.

One of the group of 14 yrs with not as much experince did a pill up over the hill-they came around the corner, flying over 4 bumps and up the hill. It was scary but nothing bad happened. The only bad thing that happened was where 2 bikes came flying over the biggest hill side by side and one landed on the other ones knee causing him to be out for good.

Now we came home to get a bite to eat and go find a good spot to watch the fire works.

And what is everyone else doing???????

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Spicer today. I have some friends that live by Spicer so we went to the parade and than the flee market. Than to there house to eat (too much of course). By this time it was getting to be about 4:30, so I took my Dana and Dustin (my grandkids) home so they could go to Dana's girlfriends cabin. Than I went back to Marlene and Doug's house by Spicer and sat and talked until 10:30 pm.

Lynn, Dana, Dustin, myself, Marlene & Doug and their 2 kids and Marlene's brother and his 2 kids were all there. Lynn had to leave at 2:30 to go to work.

We didn't go to the fireworks this year. I have to be to work at 7:00 am tomorrow morning so I wanted to be home early. But 10:30 isn't what I call early. But we had a good time.

We have gotten together like this for many years. We will keep doing it even when the kids are all gone. A very nice day for a parade and picnic

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We woke with no plan in mind. As I was reading the post about Grandma Winter we made the decision to go see her.

We ventured out about 11 a.m., went to Cub Foods to get a plant for her and then we made it to Baldwin by 1:30 to eat at A&W. Stacy & Denny we called you around 11 a.m. to meet us to have lunch with us, but you were out already. We then ran over to Fireworks City and bought some fireworks. We got to the hospital by 2:30p.m. and stayed until 5p.m. She was surprised and happy to see us.

Then we left ran around Eau Claire for a little while, stopped in Hudson for supper and home by 8 p.m. Had our own fireworks and I was in bed by 11 p.m.

It was a nice relaxing day.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't think of where we would of been! I was home all day. Denny, Alex, Colette & Jackson went to Ken & Lila's to shoot clay pigeions but Brianna & I were home all day cleaning house. I must of been outside? To bad we didn't hear the phone. That would of been fun to meet you.

We didn't do anything but clean house, wash clothes, and clean the garage. We did go to Spring Valley at Eau Galle to watch the fire works!! They were quite the fireworks!!! Down in the valley and it was loud because it would echo.

Sorry we missed your call

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: