Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Unpleasant Surprise!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unpleasant Surprise!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Eric just went into the basement and found water on the floor.....
This is about the third time this has happened or has it been more?! Not sure, but you think we would learn by now. I can't remember why it did it the last few times, but this time was for sure our fault.

Eric was cleaning a fan from one of our house project that was full of dust from sanding. Well he decided to clean it today while I was washing clothes. I even saw that he was doing it and didn't think nothing of it. So I started another load even seeing that there was water in the wash tub with the front & back plate of the fan. Two & two didn't click. Urrrrrrrrr!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooohhhhh! Not good! And no fun cleaning up!! Does this effect houses when you go to sell them and the realtor asks you if there's been water in your basement?
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana rae
Member # 12

Icon 7 posted      Profile for dana rae           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least it is water coming from the washing machine and not a issy sewer backup or a leakage from the walls. Than you would really have a problem.

One of these time you guys will always remember to look at that plug before you start the washer. I had to do that when Lynn was little because it drained into a tub.

--------------------
~!*Dana Rae*!~

Posts: 91 | From: willmar  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The above message was written by Vonnie, Dana didn't log out on my computer.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you cleared that up Vonnie. I was confused about who Dana Rae was talking about. heheh

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again today Eric ended up cleaning the basement. I didn't realize this but the water softener drains into the tub. We are diffidently going to have to either put a drain underneath that tub so Eric doesn't have to clean the floor so often.

Stacy to answer your question about having to tell the realtor if there's been water in the basement. No because this is self inflected. If it had come from the walls or windows then we would have to. Thank goodness it isn't that problem because that would be an even bigger problem.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: