Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Shouldn't have come home.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shouldn't have come home.....
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night our power went out at 11:15pm and so I woke right away since my machine wasn't working. I tried to sleep downstairs in the recliner, but that didn't work real well, then I slept for a few hours on the wood floor. That was just horrible.

We should have just stayed at the camp ground, there atleast we had a FAN and I could sleep.

Power finally came back on at about 9am this morning, so I've now gotten 3 hours of good sleep, Sheryl is sleeping now again, and Maria is down for a nap.

What a crappy way to start the week

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard without electricity to sleep when you have a sleep machine.

How come I had to get up at 5:30 a.m. to call you guys if no one went to work. I am sure when you called me in the middle of the night to call you when my alarm went off you didn't know not of you were going anyplace. I was glad to help.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a night! It was so hot and you couldn't even get any relief by opening the windows, because it was so still in hot outdoors. I slept very well from 9:30p.m. until 12:30 a.m., but I was dreaming very weird dreams from that time until 3a.m. I went to check on Maria and she was sweating so I took off her top. Woke her in the mean time and she didn't want to sleep by herself...too dark. LOL So for about 1/2hr she slept with me.

You called because we were planning on going to work, but I wasn't going to go with a wet head and off and on I would feel sick to my stomach. Don't know if it is from the heat or lack of sleep. Thanks though for doing that for us we would have over slept any ways.

Eric was sleeping when we told him the electricity came back on and it wasn't until 10:30 not long after I took a shower. He was a little out of it.

It feels much better now and we are all rested up so hopefully it won't go back out so we can have a normal sleep this p.m.

[ August 06, 2001: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see why you guys didn't go to work. Not only couldn't you dry your hair, but not being able to sleep because of the heat would have been terrible.

I really didn't mind calling to get you guys up. The electricity could have come on right after I talked to Eric and you guys would have gotten a few hours of good sleep. But that didn't happen. I would do that for you guys any time. Love ya

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of it I was

I got very little sleep and now I'm sitting at work. Installing our software on a computer in Australia. Pretty cool huh?

Hope I'm not super tired driving home... I have to turn around and come back here tomorrow morning again

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, sounds like you were still camping but at least you had a bed. Hope your electricity is back up and running. Sounds like alot of people in the St. Paul & Minneapolis were out of electricity.

Here comes California black outs!!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To bad for Eric he had to sleep in the chair so he probably slept better when we were camping then when he was home. With his sleeping condition he would keep all of us awake.

It is much better here now though with the electricity back on.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Today is a long day for me. I was suppose to come in later for staying so late yesterday but didn't get the message until I came in at 8am sharp. Left work last night at 10:30

Today I'm working from 8 am to whenever to finish the install in Australia. Very wierd to think it is 7:19pm Tuesday here and 10:19am Wednesday there

Oh well, I'm taking tomorrow of to make up for it.

Going to get our 1/4 of a cow, mow the lawn, ride bike with Maria. We have a new carrier that Stacy gave us. Maria and I love it.

--------------------
~ Eric

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This Mom Pederson posting from Shannons. It is Wed. 2pm and we are getting ready to leave for our camping trip. Thought that I would add something to this topic.
I was at Jeff and Sues and they don't have air conditioning at all any where. Danielle and I slept out in the camper. The first night I hardly slept at all. So the second night when I couldn't sleep again I remembered my mother putting a wet sheet over us at night just as we was going to bed and at first as she put it on us I didn't like the feeling but after she had it on us it felt good. and we went to sleep and slept all night and when we woke up the sheet was dry and we had a good night sleep. So,at Jeffs I got up and went into the house and wetten my towel and put that over me and I slept just fine and the third night I took it out with me wet right away and I slept from 10pm till 4:30am with out waking once which is very unusual for me unless I am very tired. Now I'm wondering how I will sleep tonight. Will be there with Jeff and Shannon and your dad till Sat. Leaving there about 10am to go to Roger and Dianes daugthers wedding then to Carols and to Stacys Sun. Having quite a vacation but would enjoy it more if it wasn't so hot. Can't ever remember when it was this hot this long.

Danielle two bunnies both died because of the heat. Wondering how many more animals have died.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is tough when you can't sleep because of the heat or the electrical isn't working so you can't use your sleeping machine. Once you lose sleep it is hard to get it caught up with. Good thing Eric & Sheryl you stayed home to recover.

We have it pretty nice down here in the basement it is always cool. In fact, we use blankets while we are reading. It is a nice escape from the heat though.

It is very nice here today as I am sure it is all around the state. It is only 73 with no humidity. It is great!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: