Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Walking, Walking and More Walking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walking, Walking and More Walking
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning we arose earlier the normal because the cleaning lady was coming. She likes to have us gone so she can work faster.

We headed to Spicer at 9 a.m. to drop off my new dishes at the storage shed. The kids got there bikes and roller blades and we got on the walking path.

We were walking and about 2 miles down the path we found we were at Cty RD 32 to go to our lot. I ask the kids if they'd like to walk another 1 1/2 to our lot. Sure they said but I told them we'd have to go all the way back, there wouldn't be anyone we could call to come get us. So we did it! I walked and the kids where on wheels all the way. We stopped at our lot for 1/2 hour to rest which we sat on the lumber in the utility room in the basement.

By the way we saw Vonnie coming home from Paynesville and she stopped to check on the house so we got to talk to her. She offered a ride back but we declined.

We went a total of 7 miles. My butt and legs are feeling it right now. I'll probably really feel it the next two days if not more.

We had no where to be so it was fun to do it.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya I got caught checking on the progress of Bill & Sheleen's house. I passed them on the main road, but I never expected to see some one I knew so I didn't pay any attention. I sat back there maybe 5 - 10 minutes just looking at the trees and the basement. Well on the way back out, on the top of a knoll in the road I saw a kid on a bike. I figured he was one of the 4 people I say on the other road so I slowed way down. Well after I went over the knoll (hill) I drove slow because of the other kids. All of a sudden I realized it was Sheleen. So I did stop and talk to them for a short time. I couldn't believe they had gone that far. I thought it was further than what she wrote. It sure seems like it and I am sure they thought so to by the time they got back to the car.

Good for you guys. I hope you had fun doing it. Thi was the first day in weeks that you could even think about doing something like that.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sore at all today!!! Maybe, I am in better shape then I give myself credit for. We'll maybe have to do that again. I thought it was a lot of fun. Next time we'll have to take a picnic with.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bike, Bike and more Biking.... Eric and I just got back from a 9 1/2 mile bike ride.

It was just a very leisure one, but it felt good to get out of this house. It seems like the last couple of weeks or more that we couldn't go out to enjoy it being that it was sooooooo hot!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: