Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » My Love for my mother

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Love for my mother
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

As life gets busier and busier, we tend to
stop doing things that we should NEVER stop doing. One thing for me is telling
my mother that I Love her. Up to a couple of years ago if I were to say that to
her, she would wonder what I wanted in return. But after marrying Sheryl I think
she feels that I am saying it truly out of love for her.
    My parents got a divorce when I was 2 years old. I never had
a father in my life to show my how to do things. My mother let me take things
apart, as most boys love to do. (we want to see what makes them tick). She
bought my power tools, a drill, a sander, and a jig saw. She let me replace
power switches, etc... Things that your father normally does and you learn from
him.
    She also bought me my first computer when I was about 13
years old and started my life with computers. Today I would DIE without one.
    She has given me the knowledge that I have to do things
around the house for my family. I am able to replace light switches and outlets,
Joint, sand, and paint walls, Build flower beds without a plan, etc, etc,
etc....
    As you can see my mother has given me a lot in life. When I
moved out on my own, making MORE money then she currently was making, I thought
to myself, HOW IN THE HELL DID SHE DO IT WITH 2 KIDS? My mother like a
lot of mothers out there gave up a lot for her 2 kids. Buying us clothes for
school, while she didn't get anything new, buying us lots of toys at Christmas.
Heck I even remember one Christmas she gave me $10 so that I could buy here a
Christmas gift at Snyder Drug.
    It is memories like those, that I will cherish and remember
all my life. And I Thank you mom for that.

I never can tell you enough but,

I LOVE YOU

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric thank you very much for all the nice things you said about me. It made me shed a few tears, but good tears.

We had our good time and bad times, but yes I always tried to do what I could for you kids with what I had.

I did go without some times but my life was my kids, work and bowling. I had to give up the bowling because of my knees and I had to let my kids grow into adulthood and let them go.

A number of people thought I would never make it being by myself, but I have done okay. People kept telling me I was putting all my energy into my 3 loves (kids, work & bowling) and some day I would be sorry. I don't go out very much at all and I don't do a lot of things. I have been told to socialize more but when you haven't done that for so many years it is hard to get back into going places. That is why I joined the Country Quilters. I may never make a quilt but at least once a month I have some place to go and enjoy.

Eric I am very proud of how you have turned out.

Like with your marriage to Sheryl. A marriage is a couple (2 people) and to make things work you have to help each other. I hear Sheryl saying that you do a lot of things for her or with her that other husbands wouldn't think of doing. But because you were raised without a dad, you realize it doesn't matter who does what. Life isn't just men doing something and women doing somethings. If everyone helps each other you have more time to be together as a family. I can really see that you realize this. I tried to be a mom and a dad but it isn't the same. I am sorry not for me but for you that you didn't have a dad.

Keep up the good work with your marriage, with your life and your job and you will go the right direction. I know you realize this. And I also thank Sheryl for helping you realize some of these things also.

I don't know how to make this in big letters, but "I LOVE YOU" with all my heart.

I know when you come home on weekends you don't always like to do things that I would like you to do, but I don't have anybody to do them for me. I know that you, Sheryl and I had a long talk about this but I am trying to be better at not asking you to do things. I know you have a family of your own and I can't expect you to just come home and work.

Don't get me wrong, you and Sheryl have done many things for me around here when you have come home. I am not complaning.

I love you!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! What got into you two? That is so sweet!

Mom Toop, I don't mind Eric & I doing things when we come to visit, but the thing was and I feel that you've understood & understand was that he felt that you expected him to come every other weekend like he did before we met and got married. I enjoy helping you out and I hope that you knew that before I told you.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Sheryl I know you must enjoy helping me because of all the things you have done.

I probably don't say it enough, but Thank You very much for all the help you guys give me when you come home. I really appreicate it with all my heart.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 14

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tammy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was so sweet! We can never tell people we love that we do love them often enough (or remind them too many times)!

It always impresses me when a guy is the one to say it initially! Way to go, Eric!

Posts: 108 | From: Blaine, MN, USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: