Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Lottery Ticket

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lottery Ticket
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well how many of you bought a lottery ticket today.

A number of people put in $5.00 at work yesterday. Actually 30 of us. So we have 150 tickets. We had a big laugh about it because there were only 4 people at work that didn't do it. So everyone was giving them a bad time today that the 4 of them would be the only ones there tomorrow.
Because we would all be going to get our money. Hardly any of us ever buy a ticket but it is fun when it gets this big and go together. Just think, we have 150 chances to win.

Well we can dream right!

I'll let you know tomorrow how we did.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think everyone should every once in a while do a list of When/if I win the lottery. Actually my list has changed over the past few years. My list used to start with a motor home and a mini-van.
For sure the motor home is no longer on the list. I would start out with some significant home remodel/redecorate and then decide if I want to live here. A trip or two, some trinkets for my relatives and friends, donations to services or organizations important to me and invest a bunch so I continue to be a millionaire. This sounds pretty selfish but I think most of you know I actually have a pretty generous nature and would see that others benefitted from my good fortune.

Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well with our 150 tickets, we won $41.00.

We could have won nothing.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't win a thing with our 2 bucks

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you ordered in pizza or something fun with the $41.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No we just bought more tickets for Sat. Except they are picking up the tickets tonight so I will have no idea if we have any winners.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we are winning it this time and when we do we've both agree to give 100 people each $10,000. Help our immediate family members pay off all their debt. Then we are going to build a huge house far away so we don't get bugged by Tom, Dick & Harry for money. Of course, Eric would have the highest technology imaginable. The best computers money could buy. I will have all Creative Memories that money could buy with a huge room to stock every thing and table forever so that everyone can come to do their books.

Dream, Dream, Dream!

Nothing wrong with dreaming right?!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to all this happening!!! $10,000 could even buy a lot!!! We wont hold our breath though

If I had 1 million dollars I'd put enough for each one of children to either go to college or start their own business or just get started in life. I would buy a nice vehicle and go to exciting places like Norway. My husband would invest the rest to save it for a rainy day.
I would, also, have all I wanted to do my photo albums.

My husband said I could have all that as long as I would save for it. That isn't so easy!

Fun to dream though!!!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as you all probably figured out by now, we didn't win the $280 million. Next time though we will! You can only hope....

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were four people that won and one of those was someone from MN. They figured that each person will be getting 1.9 million a year for the rest of their lifes so that would be about $35,000 a week they would receive. Not bad, don't you think? Now if they do it right they could really enjoy life. I wouldn't mind just the 1.9 million one time.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: