Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Doesn't it bug you went people send out bad information

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doesn't it bug you went people send out bad information
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone please try to research things before you send out Mass Email to your contact lists. By people sending out Emails about things like this or viruses. It only continues to feed people fears. As you can see the topic below was resolved in January of 1999 but it continues to get passed around because people seem to just accept and believe what is Emailed to them.

But that is just one mans opinion

January 11, 1999

The Truth...
During the holidays a lot of you celebrated, shopped and spent. But before addressing that subject (and Suze Orman's techniques for undoing the financial damage it may have caused) Oprah put to rest a rumor about designer Tommy Hilfiger. For the record, the rumored event that has circulated on the Internet and by word-of-mouth never happened. Mr. Hilfiger has never appeared on the show. In fact, Oprah has never even met him. With that cleared up, we now return you to your regularly scheduled Scoop...

Good for Oprah
> > Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy
>Hilfiger. I'm sure many of you watched the recent
>taping of the Oprah Winfrey show where her guest was
>Tommy Hilfiger.

On the show, she asked him if the
>statements about race he was accused of saying were
>true. Statements like "...if I'd known
>African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would
>buy my clothes, I would not have made them so nice. I
>wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they
>are made for upper class white people."

> > His answer to Oprah was a simple "YES".

Where after she immediately asked him to leave her show.

My suggestion? Let's give him what he asked for. Let's
>not buy his clothes, let's put him in a financial
>state where he himself will not be able to afford the
>ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes.

>BOYCOTT - PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is very disheartening to have a post like the one above deleted from another site because a moderator of the forum feels that it is dis'ing her and disrespectful.

That persons name was never mentioned in the posting. Yet they felt that it was disrespectful of them, how I'm not sure.

All I was doing was pointing out to everyone on an open forum that people that send out Emails of that nature should check them out before helping spread lies.

I guess that Education was a bad thing to suggest in this instance. If the above post offended anyone I'm sorry, just trying to show that thinking before you act is a wise thing to do, especially in todays world.

[ September 10, 2001: Message fixed by: Eric ]

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well put! I couldn't have done a better job.

If your offended by this message it is only because you are embarrassed that you didn't researched what you've sent and mislead or misguided others by what info you've shared with them.

Sorry everyone, but I have to agree with Eric on this one. If you don't know what you are sending don't send it until you do.

If Eric was disrespectful in informing everyone the truth, the person who sent it was just as disrespectful if not more so by misinforming us with false info.

Think before you react!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: