Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Sad Day In History!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sad Day In History!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can't even begin to understand the disaster that happened today in New York area. We aren't even there to know the feeling that those people are going through so we are a bit removed from the true reality of it so we can only imagine, but imagining it is so very sobering.

It leaves you with such horrible feelings... May our prayers be with them and the families all over that are going to be dealing with the saddness of a lost family member or friend.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 1 person at work has a daughter that lives in New York. Her and her husband are okay. My boss got stranded at the Milwaukee Air Port today trying to come home. A lady I work with is going to Washington DC on Friday for a week to see her son. He is in the service (20 years) but had gone on a planned leave 1 hour before everything happened today. They didn't make him come back but he has to stay by the phone. He told her to only bring something they can carry onto the plane. So they are going with almost nothing. They don't know if this is necessary but they aren't going to take any chances with everything going on.

So even though we aren't right there it affects everyone some how. It is just terrible that now days things like this can happen. I say the master minded person is still out there. This took a lot of planning to pull almost everything off like they did.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see this as a great need to be prepared if this was to happen to us. Those people who died yesterday would not have known that morning that they would not ever be coming back home again (their home). Death can come up on us like a thief in the night, with no warning. I feel I take to much for granted and want to be more serious about my life and spend it being ready for that day my life will end as these peoples lives did.

I certainly is sad. And one does feel for them all and I want to remember the rulers in our countries in my prayers now and for now on.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: