Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » The Weekend...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Weekend...
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We started out planning to go to a Tastefully Simple party, but then when Eric suggested going to the Anoka Halloween parade with Maria I thought that would be a much better time. So we left home around 11 a.m., found a spot to sit and then browsed the little town of Anoka before the parade started.

The parade started with a ton of people running in a race at 1 p.m. then the parade started soon after. I believe by the time it was done it was around 4 p.m. A lot of people and kids so we didn't get as much candy as we did at the Coon Rapids homecoming parade, but Maria didn't seem to mind. It was a fun day and Maria had fun dressing up in her leopard outfit and waving at all the beautiful girls on the floats.

Then we came home and canned 45 pints of rhubard & strawberry jam. We will have a supply for some time. Now that I know how to make it I'll be doing more of it.

Today, Sunday, we will probably just relax after going to church and eating lunch.

[ October 28, 2001: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking that your JAM would make a perfect Christmas Gift for me.

Send me the receipe.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did you read my mind!? We will have to make it together sometime. It is rather easy to do. Thanks to my Mom she did a lot of the work. I just looked on and took mental notes.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was fun to make the jam at your place with and for you. I enjoyed the parade and being with all of you too. It was fun. I like parades but never get to go to them. I like the time of year also to go to a parade. Thanks for taking me. Hope to get to do it again too.

And thanks for the supper Sat. night Eric. It has been a long time since I have had pigs in a blanket. It was good.

And thanks Sheryl for the delicious dinner Sun. Nice to eat my daughters meals and at their place.

I enjoyed the walk to that we took before I left. I love to walk and espically with some one.

Thanks again for the weekend. Hope to do it again some time soon. Looking forward to Thanksgiving.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: