Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Snow Snow and more SNOW

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snow Snow and more SNOW
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we got our first snow fall. As of last night at 9:00 we had 7 inches. It has been snowing ever since and it is now 11.08 am. But the wind is causing a lot of problems. I went out to clean my car off and check how much snow was behind it to see if I could get out.

Well it took me 15 minutes to just get out the door. I shoveled a section by the door once I got out and started walking towards the car. LOL LOL I have snow drifts up to my butt. (Okay I am short, but that was at 8:00 this morning). I tried walking through it and than just pushing the snow with my legs. I only got a short distance and I had to quit and come back into the house. Yes I gave up. There was no way I was going to get to my car.

Our office just called me and they closed it at 10:30 this morning. In the 27 years I have been there we have never closed the office. It is bad.

I heard on the scanner that the jail called the police to see if they could pick up 4-5 workers that live right in town. It is bad.

An ambulance had trouble getting to some one right in town also.

I will not bore you with more but it isn't nice here in the Willmar area at all.

Well they just said on TV that Willmar has gotten 21 inches and it's not done yet. (12:10pm)

(12:53 pm) The State Hospital is saying 27 inches.

[ November 27, 2001: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Wow!!! We would like some of it. Here in Wausau we have slush with a white blanket on top of the ground. Kids already (Leah and Jason) was out this morning going down the hill with their sleds-Daddy was good enough to bring them back last wk-just in case. Jason even skipped school(preschool)to play in the snow. I had to explain for next yr he won't be able to do it-skip school.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I can't believe how much snow you've gotten Mom. We've gotten a lot and it is nothing compared to what you have. I think they said we had 14" whether or not there correct it is a lot of snow at one time. Again today it was snowing!

Will we be able to make it to Wisconsin this weekend? I hope so, because we did switch weekends with Vince so another time might be a ways done the road. Cross your fingers.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well on the 5:00 news on TV they have us at 30.5 inches. I was in the kitchen so I didn't hear what he said about it, I say it on the map.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snow snow everywhere you look snow

[ November 28, 2001: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in St.Cloud Mon-Wed for my insurance classes and there isn't as much snow compared to what it is here. My van was all covered with snow you could only see the outline of the van. Everyone in my insurance class came out and helped clean it off.(they were so nice) It took me 2 hours to get home last night. I was glad to be home safe. The main roads aren't cleaned off much and so you have this white road to try and stay on. It was nerve racking, my hands were tired of holding the wheel so hard.

It is a beautiful winter wonderland out here though. I almost felt like I was coming back to a totally different place.

The children enjoyed 2 1/2 days off of school to play in it. They were looking forward to going back today.

The last I heard the snowfall record here is 29.7 inches in two days of snowfall. WOW!

There are snowmobilers enjoying the snow already. We have a great snowmobile trail only 1 mile from us. Wish we had our own snowmobiles! I am just lucky to live in the beauty of it all.

[ November 29, 2001: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: