Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » A small world...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A small world...
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saturday a.m. when we were in Eau Claire, Eric, Maria & I stayed at the hotel to have breakfast. Well while we were getting our stuff there was a lady with 4 children that looked and sounded verrrryyy familiar. At first I thought no it couldn't be, but the more I heard her I knew it had to be Jodi Young. Sure enough it was! Talk about a small world. We chatted for a little while....she has four kids 3 girls one boy and a child on its way. They live in North Dakota and her sister Rhonda lives in Osseo and Carmen has been all over. Can't remember where she is currently.

What a surprise!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What were they doing in Eau Claire? Her sister Jeanie lived in Pipstone 30 miles from Luverne but they moved to IA just before we moved to the area. We would see them though at the special meetings in IA while we lived there. She I think has 3 or 4 children.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her husband was doing business in the area and she and the kids were going on to see Rhonda.

They came from a very big family so I would only expect them to have that many. I asked her if she was a stay at home mom and she is. You would have to be....

Weird we picked the same hotel with as many as there is to pick out of Eau Claire it was the same one....LOL!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of work does her husband do? Is Carmen's husband still in the Navy? Where is it that Rhonda lives? How many children does she now have? I have a lot of questions don't I? It is just fun to know where and what they are all up to.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I was only able to talk to her for about 10 mins at the max. So I didn't get all those details.

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's to funny! I knew that Rhonda lives in Eau Claire but would have never thought you would have ran into any of them! LOL

That's pretty neat! Can't image having 4-5 kids! 3 is all I can enjoy but I guess if you did it like Jan & Paul and wait 11 yrs - you could enjoy them. Just glad it's her and not me! LOL

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was funny.... Sheryl was sitting there saying "I think I know that lady".

Then the lady came back into the room... and I saw her just stare at Sheryl... So I started to laugh. She was thinking I was being silly.. I told her that the lady just stared at her... so she must know you too! LOL

You had to be there

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can just picture it since they haven't seen each other for several years! LOL
Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Like, maybe, 14 years!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Yesterday, Mom, Eric, Maria & I went to the Minnesota Science Museum and we ran into Kayla Ackervik. That is the second time since I've moved to the cities. It is hard to believe that she is all grown up.

I can remember when she was a 12 years old and would come to my place every weekend...almost every weekend. She would beg her mom to come to my place. I don't remember doing much, but we did have fun together. We would go to the beach as many chances as we could during the summer, out to eat, shopping and played games. Dana, Eric's niece, reminds me of Kayla when she was Dana's age.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

What has she been up to? Going with anyone, married? Where is she working? Or didn't you get info. like that?
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

She introduced me to her boyfriend Mike and said that she works/lives in the cities. I know that she went to school to be a Dental Hygienist. Where and who she works for I didn't get that info. She looked happy & healthy.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: