Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » A Tragedy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Tragedy
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a call from my boss Brigette when at Medas cleaning Friday night and she told me that her father had been killed in a car accident. I don't know any details as of yet. I didn't ask her how it happened since I could tell she was pretty broken up. She just wanted me to know and wanted to be sure I would be there Monday to let the painter in to finish painting the kids bathroom. I offered to take care of the pets for them while they were gone and she was glad because she hadn't even thought of them.
She left today and Claude and the kids leave tomorrow (Sunday). The funeral is Monday and Claude and the kids will be back Wed. Both Drs had important appointments Mon. And Wed. but will not be able to be there. Brigette had a lady coming from Turkey to see her. She will probably have to stay awhile because Brigette isn't returning for awhile. This lady from Turkey is a very important lady and has had canser in her female organs and will not see any one else but Brigette.

Life sure is uncertain. Never know what is going to happen next. I sure feel for Brigette because I know how much he meant to the family. He was a vet. and worked hard to see that all 12 of his kids had a college edcation.

I met both of Brigettes parents a yr ago. They were very loveable people. They were with me a week while Claude and Brigette were in China. We took care of the kids together. Her father and mother told me that they thought Brigette sure did a good job picking a nanny for the family this time. I don't think they were to fond of the other girls. But I really have fond memories of him even in the short time they were there. He liked to read. Anything. What ever he could find to read. He spent most of his time at the kitchen table reading. Sometimes Brice would get the cribbage game out and he(grandpa) really liked that because Brice was quite good and gave his grandpa a challange. I will never forget him. Wish I could have had another week with him this yr. only Mrs. had heart surgery early Spring and then broke her ankle after that. So they weren't able to come.

I don't know how long Brigette will be gone so I suppose I will be in charge of every thing now. And I have a cleaning job now every Tues. and Wed. Hope to be able to start to save some money now. And then if all goes right I might think about buying a place of my own. Don't think its going to be possible but dreaming any how.

Well I hope the best for Brigettes mother and wish I could be there for the funeral but no in Canada.

Had a great weekend so far and hope every one else has too.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry hear the bad news... We will be thinking of them in this sad time.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: