Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » New Years?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Years?
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is everyone's plans?

We are going to spend our New Years Eve at Nicollet Island....where Eric proposed to me 2 years ago...and watch the fireworks. Stacy, Denny & kids are planning on coming so they will be joining us.

They plan to come Sunday evening for supper. Monday Stacy has to work so we are going to go and check out where she works. Probably just hang out all day. Maria will be taking full advantage of Colette & Brianna with playing... I need a break...

I think we all at sometime want to go slidding. So we will get a little outdoor fun.

Should be fun! We are looking forward to it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are having 18 people here for a night of fun playing group games. Some of the games we are playing are I sent my ship a sailing and on my ship I sent, Guess who you are game (the person on your left writes on a paper like for example that your a bear)all night you ask people questions that will help you guess who you are. Each person will receive one clothes pin to attach to their shirt, if they cross their legs and someone discovers it they get their clothes pin. The object of the game is to see how many clothes pins you can end up with or without. We are going to have a bomfire around 11:30 to see the New Year in. On New Year's day we will sleep in, go ice skating, and sledding. We are looking forward to a fun filled night.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dustin and I went to my couple friends house in Spicer. (Marlene & Dougs) (Their house is where I stayed after my 2 knee surgeries)

We had a fun night of eating some of our traditional things and new things. Salmon log is a must each year. Marlene makes a good one. A new kind of bean dip that was delicious. Actually she got it out of Taste of Homes monthly magazine on the front page. Chichen strips that she cuts up herself and put a coating on and bakes them. Also delicious. Dustin eat a lot of those. And other good things.

Dustin and I got home about 1:15. He made it til 12:00 but really had trouble after 12:15 to stay awake.

We will sleep in in the morning and than try and do some more cleaning and moving things on New Years day.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE !!!!!!

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we didn't do as we had planned. We ended up going to the Science Museum from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. Went out for supper at Fuddruckers, came home played a couple of games of Upwords and watched the movie "Legally Blonde."

Maria was the only one that didn't make it to mid-night. I think she fell asleep around 11:30 p.m. while we were watching movies.

We did see the New Year in....

Happy New Year, 2002!

Can't believe it the year went verrrryyyyy fast.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERY ONE. I AND GENEVA SPENT A QUIET EVENING. I MADE SOME CHILI AND PUT THOSE CORN CHIPS, SOUR CREAM AND CHEESE IN IT FOR SUPPER. I WENT TO BED AT 10PM AND WOKE AT 12AM AND WENT RIGHT BACK TO SLEEP.

TODAY WE ARE HAVING A POT LUCK DINNER AT MY FRIENDS ASSISTANT LIVING HOME. OUR MINISTERS WILL BE THERE AND A FEW FRIENDS PLUS MARGARETS SISTER AND BROTHER AND FAMILY. WE DID THIS LAST YEAR AND ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH. WE WILL PLAY SCRABBLE OR SKIPPO AFTER LUNCH. ONE OF THE FRIENDS HAS A KEYBOARD SO WE WILL SING A FEW SONGS.

SO HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN HAVE A GOOD DAY.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our night was a big success and lots of fun. We played all our games and had a relay race with the freezing spoons. Everyone were a great sport with it all. Our bombfire didn't work because it had snowed a little and the wood got wet. Bill gave it his all to try and get it started. Everyone left at 12:30 A.M. except Dan & Christina who slept overnight. We stayed up until 2:30 a.m. talking. We slept in until 11:30 got up and were over to Walt and Virginia's for dinner and afternoon of games.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were gone from Thursday(Dec 27th til the 30th)and had a grand time with some friends up north. Kids went ice skating on their pond by the house and took them to town(4 miles) in the afternoon sledding. Jeff and Dan went ice fishing-friday wasn't so good but saturday was great.

The kids kept Denise and I busy!!!They were in and out of the house and of course needed our(Moms) HELP! We made cut out cookies one of the days and had the kids decorated the cookies.

By the time Sunday came Denise and I were wore out. But it was nice to be invited to Gary and Sue Muellers for dinner. Also was nice to see Chad and Marjan. They came for the wkend to Gary and Sue's cabin.

We came home Sunday evening around 6pm and Leah started getting sick-cold with a fever. All the in and out the pass days didn't it and lack of sleep. Being i had to work Monday night and Leah sick we didn't go anywhere and in bed early b/c I felt like I was getting a cold.

We needed this day to rest up to go back to school and work. Leah still running a fever. Will have to wait til morning to know if she'll be going to school. The time was short and went fast but their ready to go back to school.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE!!

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

I forgot to mention that Jordan won the clothes pin game. When each person arrived for our New Year's eve party they recieved a clothes pin and if they didn't cross their legs all night they would be able to keep it but if they discovered someone else crossing their legs they could take theirs. You could only get it back if you caught someone else crossing their legs. Well, Jordan got everyone and no one was able to take any away from Jordan because he never crossed his legs. HA! HA! He worked so hard all night at getting them all he deserved them. Way to go, JORDAN!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

That is a fun game to play. I played that at a Bridal Shower. You couldn't say the word " wedding!" It was easy at first, but then you lose concentration and it just slips out....LOL!

Congratulations Jordan!

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: