Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » I've been battling with....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've been battling with....
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Wednesday I noticed my eye had a sti(?sp) but didn't give it too much thought. Thursday morning I woke with my eye completely shut from it. It came open more as I put a hot wash cloth over it but I looked like someone had taken a swing at my eye. It looks black and blue. I found out that I need to keep a hot wash cloth over it as much as possible and to keep from getting them I need to wash my eyes with baby shampoo each time I take a shower. I've had them before but never like this. I'll be glad to be able to open my eye all the way when it is gone.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get those to. Not as bad as you do, but enough that they are irritating. Wonder why and how we get those? I remember mom getting those a lot when we were growing up...wonder if she still does?

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning I woke and I could hardly get my eye open so I made an appointment to see the doctor. I have an infection they will only go away with meds so I am now on drugs to get rid of it. Hopefully that will help because if not I may have to have it lansed ?sp which is painful.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is the eye doing Sheleen? It sounds like you went from bad to worse. That wasn't any fun.

Did you have a lot of pain with it or just uncomfortable because of the swelling?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

My eye is much better, almost gone, except for a little bead in my eye lid that may or may not go away. It was very painful and uncomfortable. My eye lid was almost shut to the point of not able to use it so my right eye had to go most of the work. I even felt more tired at the end of the day then normal. I am on the mend which is what I am mainly concerned about.
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad to hear that your eye is better.

I don't think I have ever had one of those. From the sounds of it, I really don't care if I never have one. I wouldn't feel left out. LOL

Keep getting better.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been wondering about that. Good to hear that it finally is getting better. I have to say that I've had them, but not that bad.

Keep getting better!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

I have two more pills left to take and we'll see if it stays away. It is nice to be able to see out of my eye now. You take your health for granted sometimes but thankful for it when you're all over an illness.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: