Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Death in Lynn's family

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Death in Lynn's family
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn's father-in-law and Dana's grandma passed away last Friday. He lived in Arkansa. (Paul Hinrichs)

They got to see him in December when Dana's great grandma celebrated her 100th birthday.

He has been sick for some time. When they came in December they didn't know if he would die during the trip, but the doctor said if this was something he really wanted to do, to go ahead and do it. They were so glad they did come. He ended up in the hospital when they got home but he was still satisfied that he got to come and see everyone for the last time. He knew then that this would be the last time he would see everyone.

He had been in the hospital for the last 11 days. Lynn's brother-in-law offered to fly Lynn and the kids to see Paul, but he didn't want Dana to see him like he was at the end. He only weighted a little over 100 pounds at the end. They had him creamated and there will be no furneal. So the end is just an end for Lynn and the kids. That was hard on them. I think it is hard on people not to have a furneal for a closure.

His wife (Marie) who is Dana'a step grandma is going to move back to Seattle where her family lives. Paul and Marie lived in spicer for many years as Dana was growing up. They took her to Seattle on a trip many years ago. Dana still talks about that trip. Hopefully she will be able to go out there again and see Marie.

I want to express my sympathy to you Lynn and the kids.

Your mom & grandma

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynn, Dana & Dustin...Sorry to hear about your Father-in-law and Grandpa. It is always sad to see a loved one pass on. We will be thinking and praying for you in these coming days.

[ January 09, 2002: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very sorry to hear that and want you to know we are thinking of you through your grief.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: