Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Flu

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flu
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well now I got the flu today. I don't feel good at all. GREAT! I am only up for a little while and than it is back to bed for me. I have been in bed ever since I left work early.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your body can't take all that running and it ran out of energy. That is your body telling you to slow down or forcing you to... Hope you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to Vonnie this a.m. and she was feeling much, much better. Good enough to make it to work. Good to hear, Mom! Hope that you get healthier as the days go by.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have the flu but I did finally get hit with a bad head cold.... Not really a sore throat but it is a little scratchy, my nose is plugged all the time. In the morning I usually have to blow and blow until I get that big yellow chunk out...then I'm good to go for the rest of the day.

I know..not the picture you wanted painted in your head

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the details Eric. You could have left off the blow by blow discription.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my head feels like it is going to explode.... Sheryl finally told me to go to bed last night at 7:30pm. I did without questioning it.. I slept in the spare bedroom...finally getting up at 7:30am this morning. Still pretty stiff...

Last night I was just soo cold... I'm the one that is always hot. I was watching tv with 3 blankets on... and asked sheryl if she was cold and she wasn't... That was might first sign that I was really ill..

Another day at home I guess...trying to kick this thing

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you're not feeling so hot!

Here is a few things to help you along faster:
Drink warm fluids like Tea,apple cider w/cinn and soup broths with garlic season.

Also keep away from red meats,dairy products and caffeine. It worked for me and the kids. Didn't need antibiotics.

Just thought I'd share this with you. Take it for what it's worth.

[ January 28, 2002: Message fixed by: we5andjj ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: