Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Winter Returns???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Winter Returns???
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the snow is coming down, Wet! If we get what they say we are suppose to we will be snowed in. I'll believe it when I see it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've received 12" so far and it isn't even done snowing. I wonder if I'll even be able to make it to work tomorrow. I don't know if I am happy about that or not. I have so much to do. It would be nice to stay home.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Official total from yesterdays storm was 17 1/2 inches. I am not sure I am going to my regular job but I work my second job tonight from 5:00 - 11:00 pm. I am going to try to make that one. I have vacation I can take for my regular job.

At 11:00 last night I had my car all dug out. (sidewalk wasn't shoveled) The park snow blow was doing the road in the park, so I went out and dug my car out so he could help me. That took some time but I have more shoveling to do today just to get out again. Because of the high winds, I have snow drifts that are as high as when we had that 30 inches earlier.

Even with our wonderful winter, with the snow storms we have had, it has given us an average winter of snow. The few times it snowed it really gave us a lot at one time.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we did get at least 8" and I didn't even try to make it to work. I did get up at 6 a.m. and had the drive & sidewalk snow blowen by 7 a.m. The city plow hasn't even made it to our street yet as we speak. I'll probably make it to work tomorrow to at least put in 7 of the 8 hours that I need to make up.

It sure does look pretty out there. This is the most snow we've had at one time.

[ March 15, 2002: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: