Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » April Fools!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: April Fools!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been fooled yet today?

I have! Bill came back to bed this morning after walking the dog to tell me the van had a flat tire. And that he didn't have time to change it! (Sheleen) Well, I did it the last time why is it you can never help me out when something like this happens. Now I'll have to spend the whole day at tires plus getting it repaired. (Bill) Honey, don't make such a big deal about it! (Sheleen) Well if it happened to you like it has to me it would be a big deal! (Bill) It's alright it's just APRIL FOOLS! Oh! I could have shot him! It's my day off and I don't want to spend it at a tire store.

Victoria called Virginia at work! None the less to do an april fools joke on her. She fell for it! Victoria told Virginia that when we came home last night from our wkend up in the cities that Autumn was out side of her kennel and the door to her kennel was wide open. Grandma was feeling really bad! Until Victoria said APRIL FOOLS! (they took care of Autumn while we were gone for the weekend)

Now Jordan is doing one on Bill. Jordan has been working hard to shoot a squirrel but hasn't been successful so far. He called Bill on his car phone left him a message that he got a squirel with all excitment in his voice. Bill calles back to get the details and Jordan plays very well with the details of where he was standing, how far he was when he shot it, Mom took a picture, and that I would not let him bring it in the house and that it is in his fort out back. He asked Dad if he could get it mounted. Oh! yes, we'll mount it that is quite something to shoot a squirrel with a bow and arrow. He still thinks it happened! Jordan is going to have him walk all the way out there and get in the fort before he will say APRIL FOOLS!
I wonder if he is telling his customers about it! The joke would really be on him if he did that!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill fall for it! He even called someone to see how much it would cost to mount it! Which is $175 now I think Bill is hoping he don't get one because Jordan is on him about getting it mounted if he ever gets one. Bill told him before that no doudt that we would but I think he is regretting saying that!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

WOW! No April Fools jokes?
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I had all the plans of telling everyone the reason I was sick several weeks ago for so long was because I was pregnant. I told everyone at work that and they said they would have fell for it. The reason I didn't get around to it was because a lady that works on campus and a ball yelling me out for no reason. She was having a bad day and she took it out on me. I and another co-worker was talking it over and I was so flustered that all thoughts left my mind, but that. I could barely do my job very well.

It is over and the joke was on me.

I had a good time reading about yours and had a few good laughs. That was good that Bill got fooled even after fooling you.... Good job Jordan!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Sorry, to hear you didn't have a very good day! Why did she have the right to yell at you? Is she your boss? I don't know if I would have taken it! Was it worked out? And does she know how you felt? Some people need to learn how to tackfully correct other people!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No she is our CSU meaning that when we get a denial and we aren't sure what to do we take it to the coder who went to school or should have gone to school to know how to code medical procedures.

My understanding that this is the way that this person is always like. Thank heavens she works on campus at the U and I don't ever need to run into her until we have our quarterly meetings which I end up not having to go to.

Oh I didn't take it, but I was very professinal about it according to co-workers that was listening to it the whole time and cheering me on. The nice thing is my co-workers stand by me, but my boss

SUCKS!

She is very passive when it comes to things like this...not very good at handling conflicts. That was more frustrating then being yelled at. I'll just remember that when she needs someone to back up her in a situation like this.

What goes around comes around if not by me by someone else.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Those kinds of situations are never fun to go through. Hopefully, you can just go on and let it pass. Maybe she was having a bad day and you were the nearest one to pick on. I like to think of those times and remember it was never a nice thing to go through so I try to treat others in a nice way that maybe they'll think twice about doing any different to you.

The owner of the agency I work for has some bad days and handles things in the wrong way. I don't let it bother me because for the most part he is very nice. There is this new gal that we have in the office and she doesn't see how I can take it or just let it go without saying anything. Well, I just don't see the point it'll just make matters worse and anywhere you go there is alway one person you have to deal with. We do notice though he comes back out after the situation and he tries to make up in his own way. He is very good otherwise so I don't think of it too deeply.

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, that is a big plus for you to be able to handle situations like that.

Most of us don't handle things that way. I should though but it is really hard. I sometimes remember the bad in another person and forgetting about the good points.

I sure am glad you shared this with us and I will try and take a second look at how I handle different situations. THANKS

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Oh I've gotten passed it and still do the best job possible that I know how to do. Her actions towards me is just a reflection of herself and I understand that she is always like this so I haven't taken it personally. I don't have to work with her directly because she works on campus so I don't treat her any differently then I did before.

My boss is great until it comes to conflicts and that is her position to iron things out. She just ignores it like it'll go away instead of confronting it and making a misunderstanding an understanding of what I was saying and vise versa of what Bonnie was saying. Now we both have our own idea of what went on instead of having an agreement of what happened. We both probably misunderstood each other completely but neither of us knows and will probably never know.

I treat everyone with respect and only ask for it in return.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheryl I didn't mean that my posting above was directed towards you. I just thought Sheleen had a good attitude that I have to learn. Sorry if you thought I meant it strictly towards you.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

LOL! I didn't take it that way, mom. I was stating that I treat others with the same respect that I would want in return.

You learn for the next time how to handle the situation maybe in a different way. Hopefully it won't be anytime soon!...

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

That is for sure! No one could take too many of those situations! Keep your chin up though and don't let it get you down. Just remember your family still loves you the way you are even though the people you work with may not!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: