Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Secretaries Day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Secretaries Day!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, was secretaries day and our boss signed us up for a seminar and dinner at the Blue Heron on the Green. The seminar wasn't anything special I didn't think. What did you think, Vonnie? Yes, I saw Vonnie there! The food was good but any food that I don't have to prepare is good!

If you are a secretary what did your boss do for you today?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No secretaries day at our office.... They must not appreciate what we do for them or maybe they don't consider us secretaries.

It is a nice thing when they do recognize they day & their employees. You have a good employer.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I do have to say that I do have a great employer!

Today, he, also, took us gals out to eat at Green Mills for dinner!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He took you to dinner? Your noon meal or supper time?

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't overly excited about the seminar either. But yes the food was good.

We have always been treated to something at work for Secretary's day. We aren't secretaries but they figure we do a lot of paper work etc.

One year the guys (inside crew) surprised all of us girls in the office with one rose for each of us. We were so surprised and have never forgotten it. They have never done anything since but that is what makes that one time so special still. But evey once in a while the guys will treat us to a dairy queen cone or something small. They figure we are always there to help them make a job order, call their wifes when they are going to be late or whatever so they want to show us their appreciation.

It is so much fun to run into Sheleen. I don't have family around here (except Lynn) and so I never see anyone like that. It is even a treat when I have run into her at Target. This may sound dumb but she has always been so nice to me. Thanks sheleen. It means a lot. And of course I always introduce her as my daughter-in-laws twin sister!

[ April 27, 2002: Message fixed by: Vonnie ]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

I find it fun to see you, also, around town! And you're so nice to me, Thank You! There was this lady from your office that came late for the seminar and she sat next to Donna and I right away she asked if I would know Sheryl Toop. I said yes! she is my twin sister. She said I thought you were you two look and sound so much alike! I wasn't too surprise when I found out that she works with Vonnie. I can't remember her name at all though!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

LOL!

That is the first time I've heard a stranger say that about me. I don't know or don't remember anyone that works with Vonnie. Must have been someone that came to our wedding two years ago. Wow! She must have a good memory.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen it was Louise that sat by you. I asked her the next day if she realized who she was sitting with and she said she thought so, so she asked.

Yes she was at your wedding Sheryl. I don't think she stayed for the reception thought.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: