Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Town's name....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Town's name....
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New London, MN was named after New London, WI the man that settled here was organially from New London, WI. If you go to New London, MN take a right turn after the bridge there is a historical sign that you can learn all about the settling of this area. I was quite surprise to see how it received it's name since our big brother lives near WI's , New London. I thought it was a neat thing to learn. I've alway wondered how it became that and when we first moved to this area and learned there was a New London here New London, WI came to my thoughts.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always wondered that. Thanks for sharing that interesting fact of history.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here again is dealing with the saying "Stop and smell the roses".

I have lived in Willmar for 30 years and I never knew that. I never bothered to stop and read that historical sign.

Thanks Sheleen!

I talk so much now about how I really never looking at Wisconsin as other people who have never lived there do. A number of people from work over the years have gone to Wis Dells. They come back and talk about how beautiful Wis is. Something I just grow up with and never appreciated the beauty. NOW I DO! I had to see it in other peoples eyes before I realized it.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't feel bad, Vonnie! We all do it! Isn't it funny that we have to go to other countries to find history but we have history and beauty in our own state that could take years to learn and discover. I would have never known about New London if it hadn't had some time to kill.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: