Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Broke a toe or what?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Broke a toe or what?
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday as I was cleaning the house I stubbed my pinky toe on my way to water my plant. I stubbed it on the dining room chair. It did hurt, but I just thought it was like stubbing my toe on the bed post and the pain would eventually go away. Not long after stubbing it, it swelled up and started to turn black and blue. By the end of the day it was purple and throbbing from pain. I slept very well and don't remember it giving much troubles.

This morning it seems to be a little better which makes me think that it could be just badly bruised instead of broken as I had thought yesterday. I can move it now with very little pain and I can walk a little bit better.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure was glad to hear that your toe was better today. Not good but better. Maybe you didn't break it than. That would be great if you didn't. I had to wear a slipper for 3-4 weeks when I broke my baby toe. It hurts bad enough when a person just hits it on something. You wouldn't think a little thing like that could hurt so much.

I bet you didn't get out of any work than today did you? When I talked to you last night, it didn't sound like you were going to get out of helping with the doors no matter how your toe was. Just kidding of course because I know you want to get the basement done as much as Eric does. Thank heavens you do help when you can. I am so proud of him with what he has done in your basement remodeling job. Of course you haven't been just sitting doing nothing in all the time Eric has spent in the basement. It's just that what you have been doing doesn't show like his work did.

Good Job to both of you.

Don't forget to check your fern peonies I gave you. All of us who got them last year and thought they had died during the summer are finding that they are coming up this spring. I hope you didn't dig them up thinking they were dead. Let me know

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is much better even today and no I didn't get out of nothing. That was all by choice though.

The basement work this weekend went very well. Painted the basement floor for $40 rather than carpet & vinyl flooring for well over $500. So we saved ourselves $460 and it looks very nice. Painted the doors and door jams. It is looking very good.

I didn't do any work down there up until we started painting walls. So you can see what I've done when you come this next Sunday. It is finally coming together and looking like a fun place to do my creative memories, crafts and Maria's play room.

I'm very impressed on what abilities that Eric has. He doesn't think that he did that well of a job, but for his first job it looks good to me.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

My toe is so much better. It is amazing how fast the bruise went away. My normal coloring is almost completely the same as before I jammed it. The bone is sore yet, but that will get better with time. If I didn't have to wear my shoe during work it would feel great, but they don't like us walking around with no shoes on.

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: