Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Basement

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Basement
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pictures of the basment are really good.

You did a good job down there Eric and of course we can't forget your 2 helpers. They got more involved at the end with the painting of the walls and floor.

You guys have a basement you can be real proud of. It sure is more cozy than before. [Thumbs Up]

GOOD JOB WELL DONE! [Smile] [Big Grin] [Rose]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Korger
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Korger           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With your work on the basement and painting the outside, you two are certainly ambibitious. The pictures look good. You have done a lot in the time you have been in the house. Good luck.
Posts: 194 | From: Green Bay, WI,USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! There always seems to be something to do around the house. When you buy already built, previously owned houses it takes a lot to get our personality in it. And improvements that are needed...painting. We are just trying to save some money and maybe in the 5 years we can reside it with maintance free siding.

It really has been fun. Eric, of course, does a lot more because I'm not as skilled as he, but slowly I'm learning.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to add my well wishes also. I am very proud and happy for you two, for all the things that you have accompolished together. You have turned a second hand house into a very wonderful home. It will be worth alot to you in the future. And more than you have ever put into it. Wonderful job. Keep up the good work. Its like redeeming your time profitably.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to let you both know that I am proud of you and happy for you. Not to many young folks today will buy a older house and do anything with it. Although you kids were very lucky to find such a good house to fix up.

But you are very unusual young folks to be able to do the work your self. Not to many young folks can do the kind of work you did and so reasonable.

Glad you can do it, it makes it more fun for you and memories for the future.

Keep up the wonderful ambition. It pays to be ambitious.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

I'm not sure what has happened here. Except its been so long since I have posted I think I have forgotten how. As you see I have two postings on the same topic because I didn't think the first one posted. I thought I had pushed the wrong button to post but now see that I didn't. I think its my computer. hehe

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love your work area, Sheryl!!! [Cool] [Big Grin] [Wink] It makes me want to have something similar. Eric, you did a GREAT JOB! I am so happy that Sheryl has someone like you that does such wonderful things for her. She'll have many years of enjoyment in that little work area. Way to go you two! I can't wait to see it in person.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for all the good words. I might be a computer geek but I love to use power tools [Smile]

I do have to say that the basement was my first project of that size. Sheryl helped me with a few sheets of drywall. She made a comment one time the the sanding was taking a month....well it did actually... Hey it was my first time doing it really.. I just used my knowledge that I learned on TV. Tool Time, Home Improvement, and This old house.... They were shows that my mom loved to watch when I was a kid... Heck Sheryl and I spend most of OUR time watching the same shows... it doesn't matter if you have seen it before you love to watch them again.

The only thing that I had NO CLUE about was the wiring of sockets and lights. But I got bored one night and told Sheryl I was going to Home Depot (my home away from home) and read a there about how to wire. That was all I needed.

See not everything on television is bad, my mom guided me to the right TV shows.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for all the kind words and encouraging words.

Sheleen in time you'll have a room like mine and I'm willing to share my room with if you would like to come join me. I don't know if I'll have much time to until fall or winter. The summer is filled with projects.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Sheryl for the offer! I just might take you up on it. Next summer though we are finishing off the bathroom and at the same time do my craft area. It will be very simple to do with the table ideas, etc. that you've given me. I am looking forward to it! It will be used by all though so we all have a place to do little projects instead at the kitchen table, dining table or the counter top and have to put it all away.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Our creative memories room is also for anyone to create whatever they would like. Maria has been making collages out of my die cuts. We told her that she needs to start using magazines for collages so that we have die cuts for our books. She thinks that is a good idea.

I haven't had much time to enjoy it lately. I've been waiting for a raining day.

Stacy has created a room like mine in their den a week after they were at our place.... [Big Grin] Gave her the bug... [Wink] Hope you are enjoying your pace, Stacy. I understand that Brianna & Colette have been enjoying it also.... [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Thanks for the idea. I took over the den so that my husband will start finishing off the basement so he can have the den back!!

The girls really enjoy working on their books in there. They've both done at least 5 pages. I've helped but mostly just giving them ideas. I still have a few more things to do to the closet then it's done.

Den also liked Eric's ideas for the garage. We now have a clean and organized garage!! It is great! I can get out of my car without running into garbage and tripping over tools!!You'll have to come see it!!

Now we've been working on the basement. I took a truck load of items not being used to the Goodwill. They were thrilled with the items!! They liked that we didn't bring just junk like some people do. Have some more cleaning to do and then Den's dad is coming to help wire and sheetrock. We should have it done by the time school starts. Alex would like to get moved down there. He thinks I need to make it his own apartment!! ha! He'll be sharing as we have guest just about every weekend. Girls are looking forward to having their own bedroom. Oh I guess Brianna says she's not. She doesn't like the idea of sleeping alone. Maybe we'll have to knock out the wall and make it one big room! She says she likes that idea. I'm sure her dad will too! [Embarrassed]

By the Eric & Sheryl, thanks for getting us in the mood and getting some things done around here!! Took 8 yrs but it's getting done now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: