Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Painting the house

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Painting the house
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well last night we started painting and this a.m. we were out there by 7 a.m. and we just finished about 6:30 p.m.

The whole front is completely done and the left side of the garage is 99% done. One spot that is a little difficult to get and got to think how we will be able to reach it. And a portion of the back is edged paint.

One more weekend and we should have it completed. Then we have to do the trim where we got our house paint on and had to chip away some of the old paint.

That is harder and slower work then I had imagined. A good feeling that we did it all ourselves and saved us over $3000. It'll be nice when it is completed.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex
Member # 35

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Alex           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 36 | From: Wherever I feel like being  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex
Member # 35

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Alex           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last reply got messed up. I said "Keep it up!!"
[Embarrassed]
-Alex

Posts: 36 | From: Wherever I feel like being  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! That was fast. [Cool] But I am a little put out that you didn't wait for us to a help! [Razz] [Wink] How are we going to repay you for all your help if you do it all yourself? Great job, though! It is fun to be able to see the improvements you do with your own place. Keep up the great work you are doing. You have a little retreat for a home! [Smile]
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast? We aren't done. [Razz] Cross your fingers that this weekend is sunny and no rain because we want to complete painting the house. When that part is done then we have to do some of the trim over.

After the house painting we have the deck to fix then to paint. A playhouse Eric wants to make Maria and a shed that we need before this winter or before we buy a new vehicle if it is a van or a truck, otherwise we will have to park it outdoors. There wouldn't be any room for it.

We didn't ask anyone because we felt if there got to be too many people that Eric or I would have to become the formen and not help out painting. This way if we goof up then we only have ourselves to blame. It hasn't been all that bad because we take it at a good pace. The only long day was last Saturday.

You don't have to repay us for things that we do for you. You did do a lot when I was single and took care of Maria when I needed someone to watch her.

[ June 04, 2002, 06:11 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

The house painting is complete! One full day of painting and the end is here! We do have trim to do at some time, but not in the near future, but hopefully before summer is either over or some time this fall.

What a good feeling that is to have completed! Looks sooooooo very nice. [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you guys. It is nice to save that much money. [Big Grin] Like Sheleen & Bill and their lawn too. But I can't do a lot of things anymore so I have to pay to get it done. [Frown]

Now lets see those before and after pictures updated. Also I miss Colby on the camera. [Cry Smiley] [Movie] [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't wait to see the finished product! [Cool]
We'll have so much to see in your improvements will we have time to go to the Twins game? [Wink] It'll be fun, can't wait!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: