Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » National Scrapbooking day!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: National Scrapbooking day!
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday, was National Scrapbooking day! Virginia, Christina, and I went to the Green Lake Bible Camp where there was 30 some ladies gathered to do their scrapbooks and take classes to learn new techniques. It was a fun filled day. I took 3 classes, 1st class was paper piecing, 2nd classes detailing, & 3rd class was shaker box. I learned new was to do more creative ways to doing scrapbooking. Also, I was able to get all of my lastest pictures in albums.

Now I am going to have Susan Westberg (she owns a scrapbooking store) help me get my sticker book organized and have what I need in them. Then I want to start creating pages before I have pictures!

[ June 23, 2002, 08:30 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like it was a lot of fun. Wish that I could have been there....next time. Do they have this often?

Once you learn to organize your stickers you'll have to give me some of the tips she gives you.

I like doing the page thing ahead of time it makes it soooooooo much easier and faster to keep up with your books & pictures.

I did get to do some of my book this past Friday evening and I'm up to date in our book and now I'm going to do Maria's B-day pictures & pages. Now I should do the pages for this summer so all I have to do is put the pictures in.

Bring some of your stuff and we will do it sometime this weekend.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the first time they've ever done this and it was such a hit they are going to do it next year. They'll have different workshops, of course.

One is black & white pictures and coloring & chalking them. I've seen this done once and who it is so neat. I would like to dec. our room with pictures of the kids in black and white.

There was ladies that trained the classes that came all the way from TN & Canada. [Cool] [Eek!]

[ June 24, 2002, 10:45 AM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are going to get me hooked on doing something like this yet. LOL [Wink]

Actually I should find more of Eric's pictures and give them to Sheryl. [Wink]

But than I still have my own pictures of growing up. [Confused]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mom T I think that would be a great thing for you to get going on. That way I wouldn't have some many books to have to do. Mom P is thinking of doing that with the ones I had started for her and now she is going to add from where I left off.

Please do find all the pictures you possibly have of Eric because that will be my next project. I'm almost caught up with my current books and I'll try to find time to gradually do his books.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Well, the lady that has had a store in the area for sometime and has been my supplier for the past 8 months is going out of business! [Frown] She wants to spend more time with her little girl and help her husband with their electric business. I am bumed but do understand now I'll have to take more trips to the Cities or St. Cloud they are the closest places to go.
Anaconda
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anaconda   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There you are!! A business to get into. Find someone to go as partners. It is ok to be the only one to get the customers. Just fine a building right out by the main rd. If it wasn't for the friends already doing it I'd would of liked to.

I forgot to sign in-Shannon

[ June 27, 2002, 10:56 PM: Message fixed by: Anaconda ]

--------------------
~Ryan

Posts: 49 | From: Hong Kong, China  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Stacy was thinking of doing Creative Memories so you can buy your stuff from her. Although, I'm not sure if she is for sure or not. Haven't heard the final decision.

What is there in St Cloud? Archivers? Guess you have to come visit us more often...LOL! [Razz] [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

NO WAY! Owning my own business is something I never want to do. Takes too much of your time. I would rather have a job and be able to leave it and not think about it again until time to go to work.

Thanks for the idea but no thanks!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: