Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Edgewater Acres Camping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Edgewater Acres Camping
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a good time being with Shannon & Stacy's and Dad. It was good to see them and to make a few more good memories.

It will not be a place that we go back to though. The porta potties were very stinky and full to the brim at times. Ran out of toilet paper often.

When we first got there and I was checking us in. The lady at the front desk...fat and manly looking...told me that she is a real B I T C H if we go over the 5 mph speed limit so keep that in mind. Real friendly to begin with...Yah! [Razz]

Then that night we all went swimming and a few kids were jumping in the pool. A lady there that claimed she was the "pool quard", even though it says that there is no "Lifeguard on Duty", kept telling everyone to stop jumping in the pool. As she has inflatable tubes sitting right next to her and it says on the rules you can't have in the pool. Well we weren't backing down and she had a real hissy fit. She ran to another lady there to tell her what was going on and she then came to talk to us and just asked us to keep it at reason as to how you jump in, not to jump on anyone....Duh! [Mad] [Roll Eyes]

The next day the one lady that started it all did appologize for being such a bear and taking it out on us. I told her we appreciated her apology and accepted it.

The rest of the time was good though. Played games, visited, roasted marshmellow's, had s'mores and ate a lot of good food.

It wouldn't be camping if you couldn't come home with a few stories....LOL! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah! Memories to remember! [Cool]

We thought we would get there early to get our tent set up and sit down and relax before the evening was over! NOT, took the tent out to set up and found that all the rubber string inside of the poles (it was a pop up type tent from Coleman's) were broken - so had to go to Fleet Farm to buy a new tent - Thank goodness they had a tent for $100 to house 5 people comfortably!! [Thumbs Up] Otherwise, nothing else really went wrong.

We had a good time making meals together! Everyone helped out in one way or another! [Star]

I didn't take many pictures - to busy making s'mores, eating, and enjoying the time together. If any of you took some good ones, maybe I could get a copy. I'll pay for the reprints! [Big Grin]

Shannon, you'll have to find out if the guys were playing that "Unknown" game the right way. Or maybe we just had to many people playing at the same time! [Mad] [Cry Smiley] Guys just cheat anyhow! [Wink]

Thanks again for inviting us to come along. It was a fun time! Wish it was possible for everyone to be there at the same time - maybe next time! [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pappy
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pappy           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a great time!! The best part,along with what Stacy and Sheryl mention,was that it didn't rain!! [Thumbs Up] But if we would of stayed just alittle longer we would of been rained on. It was raining as we got on the hwy just about 1 or 2 miles east just passed the waysides. It rained off and on,not much,but it sure rained in the evening and all night long. We needed it very much.

One thing we learned was how to make some different kinds of food while camping-thanks Denny for the boy scout points! Was wondering how Alex was doing and if it rained there like it did here that would be interesting to know what they did.

As for the unknown game-I'm not sure why it happened that way. It didn't happened that why when Bill and Sheleen was here and we played it with the same amount of cards and 6-8 people has played at one time-which is what we had. [Confused]

Jason said after about 20 mins of being home- "I'm glade to be home!" [Big Grin] Before as we was getting ready to go home he was whinning he would like to stay 3 more days. And why can't Daddy miss another day? Actually it would of been nice to stay longer but I'm still doing laundry and for the next 3 days! [Razz]

We just might have one more time to go camping up north before i start my new job. I'll be cleaning constration houses,getting them ready for the new owners to move in.

What's cool to us is that each time we went camping this yr is that it didn't rained while camping but the wk after it would rained-is that luck or what!! [Cool] [Wink] [Big Grin]

oops that's right Jeff is now registered! But this Shannon

[ August 13, 2002, 07:20 AM: Message fixed by: Pappy ]

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 12 | From: Wausau ,Wi  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to hear you had a good time sorry we had to miss it. Can hardly wait until next year! You'll all like this campground. The two ladies that run the place are really nice! Anyways that is how they were this year!

Don't say it to loud, Shannon, about the rain next time may be a bummer! [Wink]

We had fun up north! While Bill was at work at the fairgrounds the kids and I went shopping, swimming a 100 times and relaxed by the pool and ate out for every meal.

Saturday, we went to the Soudan, MN iron ore mines, a 2 hr ride for us one way. We went 2500 feet in the ground to see what the miners in the 1889-1962 do for a living day in and day out.

In the first years they had donkeys that did the pulling the ore out to the elevator. When the miners would leave Friday and not come back until Monday morning the donkey was still standing in the same place they left it on Friday Night.

And almost always the work was done in the dark! [Eek!] They showed us what it was like in the dark it was scary but back then candles cost alot of money and they didn't want to spend their hard earned wages on candles.

Most miners made $1.25, the backer (the one who would scrap out the loose ore that had been blasted out) received $3.50 hr but his job was more dangerous and higher risk to death.

Sunday, we had dinner with all that was a church at DQ. Came home around 1:30 p.m. and arrived home at 5 p.m.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you had a nice time too! That would be interesting to see what it was like for the miners back then.

When we were at Crystal cave - they did the same thing with turning the lights off there and it was pitch black - couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. Sometimes we can have experiences in life that puts darkness in our eyes that we can't see beyond our own feelings and thoughts.

We missed having all there at the camp ground. Sounds like this other camp ground should be nice. Are the campsites far enough away from the other campsites so we're not crowded? like O'Neil? Kerry & Darla was telling me they thought it could get pretty loud there and that they stayed at one in Chetek that was quite but you don't have all those things to do like miniture golf, etc. We might take a Sunday and drive up there to take a look at it. What's the name of the place?

But then again, I think it will be fun no matter what. We still had a good time even though the place wasn't all that great. It's just how we spend our time that matters! Having fun!

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is called Chetek Campgrounds. The sites are a nice size not at all like O'Neil better then that. As for quite it depends on who is there. When we were there the noise never got bad.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: