Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Labor Day Weekend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering what everyone's plans are?

Ours is to complete or just about complete the playhouse & Shed. We have the shingling to do on the playhouse, paint both, trimming to put up and doors to make for both.

On top of doing that we will need to do a little preparing for next weekends cookout with friends. Clean the grill, clean the deck tables & chairs, clean out flower beds, and possibly clean a few windows. Then next week we won't be so rushed to get things looking the way we would like.

Busy, busy, busy....isn't that the meaning of Labor?!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we have everything painted... except the doors... But I still have to make them.

Playhouse has one side 3/4 shingled

Added some shelves in the shed already. Did I mention the 4 x 8 loft in there? Well there is! So that means even more room.

Sheryl painted all the trim in the garage. Now I just have to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with the trim. (how to put it up etc....

Oh I removed the Railroad ties that trimed the garden area.... so now are plan it to put weed killer on it... till it... add more weed killer and then add top soil and *POOF* Grass will appear....well maybe next year [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got the Trim up on the Playhouse. Bascially just doors and overhang trim is left for that one.

Then doors, trim and Overhang trim on the Shed....and then I guess a small ramp to get into it [Wink] .

It is all just about done!!! YES FINALLY [Smile]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Labor day weekend didn't include any work at home. We helped out at Hector Convention Grounds clean up from 8 a.m. - noon. Went to the MN Gopher game with Dan & Christina, to their place for the night and Sunday dinner. Came home Sunday afternoon had Mom, Grandma Ninneman, and Bill's folks for rootbeer floats and pizza. We had a great time talking about past days of experinces on the farm growing up. Monday, Dan & Christina came over and we headed to Games Lake for picinic and swimming. When we drove in we saw white caps on the water. It was very windy by the lake but where we picinic it wasn't at all it was protected. The kids swam we visited. We headed back early to our place, sat on our rear patio which was nice not even the pesty MN Bird was out. We then played a game of Rock. Walt & Virginia came for a chicken supper. Everyone left around 7:30 p.m. then it was time to get ready for school the next day.

That was our busy Labor Day Weekend! It was a good one!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between working 2 jobs-finishing one and working the new one has tired me out that i don't care to do much. As for Sat. I worked 9-6,Sunday was church and a nap in the afternoon. Monday we slept in till 8 and out to Jeff's folks for the day. Great Grandma K,Jeanie and Jeniffer were there too.

We had a bad weather that went threw. Ryan had football practice at 5pm until the storm chased them home. To find out a funnel touched down in the area that they practice at. [Surprised Smiley]

With school the next day we was in bed early. Jason went to bed at 8pm and the rest of us followed at 8:30.

Our morning went pretty good for the first day of school,except for Ryan missing the Bus. [Roll Eyes] It wasn't his fault,the bus driver came 10 mins early from what we were given for the time he'd be there. That meant i had to take him in-good thing we live close enough to do so.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: