Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Unusal Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unusal Day
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a very unusual morning Friday and thought you would like to hear about it.

My bosses husband has recently purchased a new Hummer car. If you don't know what that is, its a big army jeep. A new car that has just come out.

Anyway, Friday morning he was leaving for work and we was having a electric storm and as he was backing out of the garage, lightening struck and the garage door came down on his new Hummer. He panicked and drove back in, in a hurry and broke the door. It was up but not far enough to get this great big car out of the garage. So since Mrs, was in Washington DC I had to run him to work. Come back and get Emilie and take her to school and come back and get Brice ready for school and take him to school because we was running late to meet his ride.

Then I had to go clean a townhouse for a retired Dr. and go get some things from Walmart for myself and go get Brice and Emilie from school and take them home and wait for Dr. Deschamps to come home. Then I had to come home and wash clothes for Geneva and myself and clean our apartment before retiring for the day.

It was a very unusual starting but the rest pretty much the same. Only I ususally don't clean for anyone on Fri. That is suppose to be my day only when there is a holiday on Mon. then I have to work on Fri.

This week I will be leaving on Wed. night for convention and gone till Sun. So I have to get three houses cleaned before I do. Plus my 97 yr. old apartment and bath. So I will be busy like Shannon this week.

Every one have a good week Won't be back till some time next week.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the kind of accident that I had with Vince's pickup truck. I bent the door of the truck all the way forward. That was one of the worst a.m.'s I will always remember.

Mom was it the door of the Hummer car or the garage door?

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The garage door. The Hummer is to big to get hurt , Dr. Deschamps says. (ha)

When did you do that to Vinces pickup and where? How did you bend the pickup door?????

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
June 20th something, 1995. I was backing the truck out to get the garbage out and I didn't wait long enough for the garage door to go up completely so the top of the truck hit it. So I pulled the truck forward then got out to check what damage I had done. Well apparently I didn't have it in park it was still in reverse. I panicked, jumped into the truck not in enough time to step on the break, shut the door so it bent all the way forward.

Later that day or the next day I found a huge bruise on my leg and to this day I have no idea how I got it. Jumping in the truck we assumed. We looked back on it and a lot worse could have happened then just a broken truck door.

Ask Vince sometime I was a basket case! [Embarrassed] [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: