Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » 1 Year later...Sept 11 A day of remembering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1 Year later...Sept 11 A day of remembering
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a day to reflect on, to take a moment to remember those who lost their lives and those who survived, the pain that the families have to live with whether it be physical or mental. We pray that they have found comfort from others or within themselves to help them to go on.

May it be a day that everyone will take a
moment in silence to pray that we live in a beautiful country where freedom is real, count our blessings and live for today as it is our last.

Let us know how you remembered those on Sept 11 or how you and others recognized the day.

Maria & I will be going to church and she'll be one of many children getting up to sing "O Beautiful" [Cool] She is very excited!

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kids and I talked around the breakfast table this morning about where we were a year ago.

They ask lots of questions about why did it have to happen, will it happen again? As a mother I don't want them too scared about death so I tried to answer thier questions with a light answer.

They all wore red, white & blue to school in honor of those who died. Victoria even has her hair in ponytails of red white & blue.

I've been thinking of those who lost their lives and try to live my life so that their lives were not lost in vain. Value life more then ever before and live life like I value it more.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been very interesting/hard out here today. I listen to the radio this morning and also this afternoon for a bit. The talk radio station I was listening to, had people calling in and talking about the day. With so many from boston lossing their lives, and with New your being just a train ride away.

There were many people calling in that were in downtown NY, or talked to loved ones during the attacks there during the attacks.

It was very very touching to hear the stories. It really gets you choked up [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On 9-11 we had the a choice of coming to work 15 miutes early and make a circle around our flag pole.

One of the guys spoke and than lead us in prayer. I don't think there was a dry eye.

I believe there was just over 1/2 of the employees that took part in our gathering.

We were all glad we took the time to do something. [Rose]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vonnie, that was neat what a picture that would have been. Great to hear how you honored the day.

[ September 13, 2002, 01:55 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mom, when you emailed me telling me what you had done it was very touching to read. What a great way to remember those who lost their lives or lives of loved ones.....put them in your prayers. [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: