Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » HOW TO DEAL WITH IRATE CUSTOMERS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOW TO DEAL WITH IRATE CUSTOMERS
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For all of you out there who've had to deal with an irate customer, this one's for you. It's a classic! An award should go the United Airlines gate agent in Denver for being smart and funny while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Sunddenly an angry passendger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied. "I am sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention, please, "she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.

"We have a person here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."

With the folks behind him laughing hysterically, the man glared at the agent, gritted his teeth and swore "F..k you!" Without flinching she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

[ September 18, 2002, 03:16 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheh I wish people could talk like that when others are being idiots.

Without having to worry about getting fired. FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! That was a good one. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I wish I had a good one like that for some of our customers! After having to deal with irate customers it makes you more aware of how you are when you're the customer! [Embarrassed] We could be surprised by how we reacted! [Embarrassed] We live in a selfish world!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to say that I learned a lot working at Target about customer service and being a customer. Some people can be just pigs. And I hate to say this but from working in the womens dept and mens dept the Women are worse. But I knew just because I was upset with a person for dropping things on the floor, I still had to be nice to the next person who asked me a (dumb) question.

I had a customer at work this week that said "but I live from pay check to pay check and only have enough money for the essentials". I probably shouldn't have but I said "Well I guess having your electricity should be as assential as well as other things"

Than she started by saying she was a single parent and it was so hard. Well that didn't set good with me either, so I said "I also was a single parent of 2 kids, and I didn't have the help that you are getting for your electricity and heat bill".

So sometimes I say what I am thinking, just so I don't go to far and have the person think I am picking on them. [Cry Smiley] But let me tell you she is way behind on her bill and the last time a payment came in for her was months ago and that was from Hearland Community Action. [Cry Smiley] (So she makes no attempt to pay anything)

Another word of advice: I have to be careful when I have some one at the front counter and a phone call comes in. I was told off about this once (by a customer) and will never make that mistake again. The person said to me, "I took the time to come in here in person and the person who calls gets the attention first". They were right. So now if everyone is busy I take a phone number from the person on the phone to call them back, and help the person at the front [Embarrassed] counter.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's true,it can go both ways. And I know I've showed my anger towards a rude clerk!

Just the other day i needed to get the car washed so here it is 9pm i decided to pull in to this car wash close to home. And here is this witch working-not the first time I've meet her at this gas station and notice before what a witch with a B she is! Anyways she is in the car wash spraying it clean!! I pull up(by the way she just picked up the hose to start as i pulled up)she says you're going to have to wait! I was not in any mood to wait but I did until she was taking her good old time about it! So I yell out how much longer??? oh 2or 3 more mins. It was going on longer that finally i said"Your mins are up" and the put in the money where it was get a shower or get out of the way! Next time I don't plan to wait!!

i like it when customers come up in a hurry to get checked out after spending 1/2 hr or more in the store trying to find something and except to be checked out right away.

All kinds to make the world go around!

[ September 24, 2002, 08:53 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: