Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » working DAYS is the pits!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: working DAYS is the pits!!!
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since working Days I can not say i like it!!! [Thumbs Down] It was 12 yrs of working PM's and i would have to say that i could get more done then i can now working days!!! [Frown] I'm seriouly thinking about finding something that is PM's. And now that all the kids are in school it would be so nice just to sit and enjoy the quiteness and to have the cleaning done and a meal all ready on the days i don't work. this nices thing would be able to go shopping without kids. So don't be surprise if i do change jos again.

I usually work right after taking J & L to school (8;45) til about 5pm. I've been getting up at 6am along with Jeff and Ryan, to get ready and straigten my bedrm and etc before J&L gets up.

That's pretty much why I haven't been on the computer and b/c Jeff hogs it for this game counterstrike. It's been about 8:30 that i've been going bed too. WHAT A LIFE!!!

[ September 24, 2002, 06:05 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the world of days. It is a little adjustment and I would give it a little more time it is just what you are use to. Again though p.m. working works and is better for some then others.

Don't worry about us it is you and your family you have to worry about. As long as you are happy we are happy for you.

Good luck on your decision and I hope you find what you would like and need.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YA! Welcome to the real world!

I worked P.M.s but I always missed out on the children's evening activities. I felt cheated so that was my end of P.M.s.

I give the kids duties to help around the house after school so that I can work days. There is no way I could do this all myself without their help.

I get up every morning at 5 a.m. have myself ready before the kids get up at 6:30 a.m. When the kids get on the bus at 7:30 a.m. I have 1/2 hour to get a little something done before leaving for work at 8 a.m. I get home at 5:30 p.m. we have supper at 6 p.m., kids do their homework 6:30p.m.- 7:30 p.m., We read 7:30 p.m.- 8 p.m. the kids have a snack and off to bed by 9 p.m. I usually go to bed as soon as they are in bed. [Confused]

Like Sheryl said give it some time to get use to it!

Remember Shannon when the kids are grown up and gone you can enjoy your peace and quite time then, also, go shopping all by yourself.

I don't like to go shopping without our kids! They are very helpful in making decisions.

My peace and quite times is reading book in the bath when the kids are doing their homework. Bill helps them with homework so I can go do that. Everyone knows not to bother me either. [Cool]

[ September 30, 2002, 04:13 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it is so much the real world but what you become accustom to. The p.m. shift was her real world. Now that she's started the a.m. shift it is unfamiliar to her. I remember working nights and enjoying it, but I didn't have children though at that time.

Changes are hard once you've done them for so long.

Shannon have you come to a decision or are you still giving it time?

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tips!
i'm sure it'll take time but it's been since May! So how much longer?? [Razz]

The thing about working Pm's was i got the house all cleaned,time to relax and still enjoyed the kids. I even spent time with them at their school. I also slept better after working late at night,came home tired enough to go right to bed and had a good night sleep.

Now I go to bed about 9pm and wide awake at 3am!! [Frown] But i'm tired at that time(9pm)being i do get up at 6am. I get already and bed made before the kids get up-except for Ryan which gets up at 6 too and out the door by 6:50 for the bus. After he's gone the other 2 get up where i spend most of my engery getting them to get dress,make their beds and make breakfast. Then to clean up in the kitchen,by then the 1st load of laundry is ready to go into the dryer to start the next load. Then it's time to get out the door by 8:15 to take J&L to school and off to work. Home by 5pm make supper,clean up and i'm all in!!! NO MORE ENERGY!!! So I set in the chair for awhile by then it's time to read a bk to the kids and off to bed for them,put alittle laundry away and off to bed for me!! [Razz]

That's life alright but not how i would like it. I think maybe parttme days and parttime pms would do. That's how i'd like to do it!! I'm going to wait til next yr to do anything about it b/c we plan to go out to see Lynn,Steve and Garrett the end of June,1st of July.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

It sounds to me like the p.m.'s works better for you. How does Jeff feel about it?

I would have thought by now you would have gotten use to it, but being school just started a little over a month ago it might take a few more months with the newer changes of schedule.

You're keeping an open mind so it'll all work out the way you would like whether it be working p.m's or a.m's.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad to only work part time. The day I have off is mine I don't do house work. [Cool] Bill and the kids help out on the house chores so that my day off isn't doing household chores. The kids and Bill are getting better about doing things without being asked. They are beinging to see what needs to be done. It isn't alway perfect but it doesn't have to be!
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Not to brag but Jeff does alot(then most men i know)when it comes to house work so it's not that i'm complaining that no ones helps. He does know now how i felt after getting done and you turn around to find another mess from after already doing it once-then he's howllering at the kids and I have the grin on my face. [Big Grin]

I just would like to have that extra time to myself for the things i'd like to do and PM's would be the only way to go where I would be able to do those things. I don't want to wait til the kids are gone,then I'd be too old! [Wink]

At first with the new job it was said that 20hrs is what i'd be working with a few extra hrs now and then. That sounded good but now it was said that i could work 40hrs(plus)b/c we're behind with getting done. So if we ever get caught up maybe i could take a day off now and then.

By the way here's the list of things Jeff does for me [Wink] [Razz] washes floors,vaccum,dust,laundry,makes meals,does dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher,give the kids their showers,takes Ryan to FTball practice,bakes cookies,rubs my feet with lotion,and then i give him a night of compassionate. [Heart] [Kiss]

[ October 06, 2002, 08:45 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

[Cool] Good to hear you don't do everything yourself! [Thumbs Up] And your family or loved one gets rewarded [Wink]

Maybe you need to talk to the people that hired you and let them know that you hired on thinking it was 20 hrs. plus not 40 hrs plus.

Let them know it isn't working for you to work that many hours plus keep up with your home life at the same time. [Embarrassed]

[Wink] Since you're so good they aren't going to want to see you leave they'll work around you to keep you. [Wink]

It doesn't sound like working days is the problem but more it is too many hours you're putting in. [Light Bulb]

[ October 07, 2002, 09:37 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: