Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » TV and Grandma

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TV and Grandma
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This last holiday my Grandma Winter's TV finally pushed everyone over the edge, especially her. The color went wacky on it and everything looked like a pale green.

So we started talking to Grandma about a new TV. (Her current one was a Curtis Mathis and about 20 years old. She was very proud to let everyone know that it had only cost her about $35 over the years for one repair) We found a 32 inch on sale, so Bruce ( my sisters boyfriend) and I jumped in the van and headed across town to get it at Best Buy. But of course they were out of it and the next step up was about $130 more. So we went back to grandma's empty handed.

Well this week my Aunt Connie started thinking about a new TV so she picked up a 32 inch herself and is bringing her old 25 inch to my grandma's house. It will be different looking at a TV at eye level. We have all gotten use to the console TV on the floor. But it will be a great change for her.

It was funny because the whole conversation about her TV lasted about 10 minutes before I was out the door to get one for her. Connie tried to get her to buy a new TV a couple of years ago but everyone including my Grand mother thought hers was fine. Connie had the right idea way back then but I guess we just weren't listening to her.

I guess grandma finally decided it was time!

Thank you Connie for all your work

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all were in shock that it only took 10 mins to talk Grandma into getting rid of the current T.V. and buy a new one. Grandma needs to start buying for herself things like that. She needs to start treating herself to the good things in life.

Yes, Thanks Connie for all your work and sorry that we didn't agree with you at the time you brought it up.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: