Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Girls weekend away

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girls weekend away
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few of us girls from work who have developed a pretty good friendship decided that we all need a weekend for just the girls.

This a.m. we will be leaving our house around 9 a.m. to go shopping at the Mall of America. We will spend most of our a.m. and afternoon there shopping. I probably won't be buying much being that I'm pregnant and don't want to buy any clothes until I've had this little person.

We then got a motel near the mall. We'll do some swimming, playing games, a lot of laughing & goofing off. Of course, we will be good!!! [Razz]

Then tomorrow we will be going to a matinee movie at the mall....."How to get rid of a guy in 10 days" a chick flick. [Thumbs Up]

We are all looking forward to it. It has been awhile since I've done something like this. I'm thinking that maybe this is the 1st time. [Light Bulb]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like fun Sheryl! [Big Grin]

Is this a weekend that Maria is with Vince so Eric has the weekend at home alone?

Eric what do you have planned?

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a movie (Lord of the Rings 2) and snuck into another movie (Old School).

So I spent 5 hours to the movies.. Then came home and had Pizza.

Nothing too exciting...sure was quiet here without my girls here [Frown]

[ March 02, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a weekend Maria was at her dad's, but it just worked out this weekend because all the other weekends are full of things we have going on....March 8th is Disney on Ice, March 15th Eric & I have pregnancy class, March 22nd is the family shower, March 29th is the co-workers shower, April 6th Maria has a sibling class and after that is a waiting game for the new baby on the way.

It was a very fun 2 days. Saturday we got to the mall by 9:30 a.m. and had a Cinnabon...yummmmmmyyyyyy! [Thumbs Up] Then we shopped from 9:30 until 3p.m. We made lots of tracks through the Mall of America. They made sure that I had plenty of breaks, hit every restroom that we passed and made sure I didn't carry more than I should have.

We checked into the hotel...Clarion around 3:30p.m. went for a swim, laughed, got washed up then went and had supper at Billymbons. Tammie was working the waiter for Brooke and he was having a ball with us. He thanked us for making his evening fun.

We got back to the hotel around 6:30 p.m. and we had our own little spa night. Tammie did most of the work, but she did a great job. We soaked our feet in warm soapy water, she did some scrub feet therapy then painted our toe nails. She then did a satin therapy on our hands and painted our finger nails. It was great! Then Brooke did a hair color on Tammie. So it was like we had our own little spa in our hotel room. [Cool]

Of course, we did a lot of laughing, goofing off and acted like girls that didn't get out much. Crazy, Crazy, Crazy! It was a lot of fun!

Then today we went for breakfast at Perkins. We got there around 10 got seated at around 11 didn't get our food until 11:30 so they gave us cookies & muffins and 1/2 off the entire bill. They said our ticket got stuck in the computer and wasn't caught on time. [Cool] We were very hungry by the time our meal came. [Eek!] [Confused]

We would like to make it a yearly thing.... [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriends and I make it a yearly 3 days of shopping, and relaxation.

It is a time you don't have to worry about your home, kids and everyday life.

Glad to hear you had fun!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Oh, we will work it up to 3 days someday, but the little time that we did have together was a lot of fun. None of us have all that much money to spend so we did it within our means. It's our first year so now we know to plan for it and hopefully save a little more money for next time.

It is just a lot of fun to find friends that have the same interest that you do, because they are hard to come by.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I forgot to mention the silly things that happened...... [Big Grin]

We went into Petters warehouse and came upon these old trunks...the kind they use to transport belongings back in the old days. Kind of like a suit case...well to me it look sturdy enough to sit on. Something to put at the end of your bed to sit on to put your clothes on. Well I was wrong I sat down and crunch! I cracked the top of it. I stood up and said..."I don't think that was ment to be sat on!" [Embarrassed]

Brooke put her pj bottoms on backwards and was wondering why they seemed to be fitting a little snug. Come to find out several hours later she had them on backwards. [Wink]

Tammie was straightening a picture in the elevator of our hotel and it fell in her hands as the doors opened with the maintance man stand right there... [Embarrassed]

We woke during the night to a very odd sound coming from Vicky. In between a snore, clear her throat and gasp for air sound. Tammie's reaction was "What the heck is that!" Now it is a joke that we tease her about everyday and have her family members & other friends doing.

It was a lot to laugh about and still are to this moment. [Big Grin]

So yes we did have a lot of fun... [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

[ March 04, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: