Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » 1 day bus trip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1 day bus trip
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well today I went on a 1 day bus trip.

We went to 4 Quilt Shops. Each Quilt Shop had a bus starting from their store and than going to the other 3 Quilt Shops. 40 people on our bus, the other buses had 35, 55 & 55 people.

Our bus left from Willmar, our first stop was Princeton, than on to Avon, than on to Starbuck and back to Willmar. I heard the bus driver say we went just over 300 miles

We were feed breakfast, lunch, afternoon break and supper. So each Quilt shop had to feed all 4 meals today. We were hardly hungry when it was time to eat again.

We spent about 2 - 2 1/2 hours in each Store. That included the meal and shopping.

I got home about 8:30 tonight. I was soooo tired for not doing hardly anything today. It was just a lot of walking and shopping than I have done for some time. (Oh ya I forgot to tell you that I left the house at 6:00 a.m.)

Was it worth it? Yes! I really enjoyed my self and got to know a lot of different people. I would say over 1/2 our bus was people from the Country Quilters group I belong to. But unless you do something like this or do a quilt semiar, you really don't get to know people.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! That sounded like a lot of fun. I'm glad to see you're doing things like that for yourself. [Cool] [Thumbs Up]

Isn't it funny when you do out of the ordinary it feels like you've worked harder than you do when you just stay home or go to work. I found that out yesterday at our labor & delivery class. [Roll Eyes]

My ex-sister-in-law and I would take the day to go about 100 miles of antique shopping. Of course, with a truck so we could bring home everything we bought or if we found something of big item that wouldn't have fit in a car. Even though we were doing the driving it was a lot of fun. Sometimes we would come home with a stash other times we just had fun doing it and didn't bring home much.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you had a good time on your trip. I like that you took some time for yourself and did this.

How was riding on the bus? Please let me know.

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riding the bus was just fine. I sat in the seat behind the driver, so I was way up front.

I think I was the first one on the bus to make sure I got a seat up front. [Cry Smiley] So I didn't have any trouble. [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I know why you were there at 6am.... You wanted to make sure you got a good seat near the exit LOL

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: