Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Hospital Stay...Mercy Hospital

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hospital Stay...Mercy Hospital
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to give Mercy hospital a grade 9 out of a 10 rating. My stay was a very good experience. The food was good, the nurses were excellent and the quality of attention was great. They let me sleep when they saw me sleeping, came when I called them and always gave me what I requested. Never did they pressure me about breast feeding, just gave me the info that I needed and gave a lot encouragement.

Sunday was the worst day for me. The a.m. I pasted out twice. The 6:30 visit to the bathroom and standing at the faucet to brush my teeth. I was standing the next thing I knew was 5 people standing around me trying to get me to come to and get me back into bed.

Then several hours later I felt I need to go to the bathroom. I could do what I wanted to the nurse suggested that we walk a little to maybe work it out. Well I stood up and the next thing I remember was hanging half on the toilet and half on the floor. Then a doctor and 5 nurses trying to pick me up. Well needless to say the next time I wanted to go to the bathroom there was a wheel chair and two nurses assisting. That time I did what I needed to do and succeeded to make it back to bed with out the wheel chair and passing out.

They think it might have been the blood lose that I had and my low hemoglobin. So now they suggest to take my prenatal vitamins until my 6th week check up and hope that will bring it back up.

Dr. Sheffield was great along with all her assistance. The anesthesiologist was great and did a wonderful job of the meds. His nurse was a great help with talking me through it all. Nurse Julie was there from the beginning until the moment her shift was over.

Not one bad thing about them!!!!! So I should really be giving them the 10. I change my mind they are a prefect 10.

[ April 29, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That always helps when everything goes like you think it should. It sounds like you had a bunch of good people taking care of you and Hayden.

I was glad to hear this. It sure helps getting or feeling better when you are satisfied and not worked up about something.

Be careful of those steps now that you are home.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: