Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Monday's Day Storm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monday's Day Storm
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother's day storm 2004.

When the weather started looking bad, we (Lynn, Bruce, Dustin & myself) turned on my scanner. The first thing we heard was about a tornadoe that was coming towards us from Pennock. Of couse what do we do, but run outside to see if we could see it. But as it turned out we had 2 more that were even closer. I had toradoes on all 3 sides of me in just a short time. 2 of them were like less than 2 miles away. We got an inch of rain & hail also. And of course the high winds. The scanner said the winds were 74 miles an hour.

We had everything flying around. Branches, globes from light fixtures, screen from windows, other kind of things and of course the dirt. At one time it was blowing so bad with all the dirt and dark sky that we couldn't see across the street. Now this all took place about 3:00 in the afternoon. Other than medium to minor damage we really were lucky.

I called my mom & Connie right afterwards to let them know we were okay. I thought if they heard this on the news they would be worried.

We called Eric & Sheryl to let them know the storm was heading towards them. We told them not to treat this storm lightly.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I remember that phone call fondly... Was busy washing the car and van in the beautiful sun light.

Lynn didn't think it was so funny that I was making light of the storm.

So after I finished the washing we all headed out to Timberlodge. I watched the storm roll in from the parking lot. Since we had to wait 45 minutes. It was nice outside. I had fun watching the wall/shelf cloud get closer and closer. 2 sirens went off but I and the other guests were too busy watching the clouds to worry.

I told Sheryl that we would be fine as long as we got in before the cloud went over us.... because after that it was going to pour and blow.

We got inside about 10 minutes before it started and missed the whole show while we ate our Mother's Day meal. It was just a light sprinkle by the time we got out of there.

Checkout the pictures I took of the backside of the storm later that night. They are on the top of the main page Http:///www.toop.org

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Those pictures are great! We were glad to have a safe place to hang out when the storm went through. In fact, my kids would let me watch it. They made me stay in the new bathroom area until it was most of the way done. [Wink] They didn't think it was funny either that I would want to watch it. We were glad it didn't amount to too much. I was glad I didn't get my flowers planted they would have been ruined! [Cry Smiley] The kids helped me get them in 15 min before the storm hit.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: