Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Moving day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving day
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The closing on our new house was completed yesterday by 12 p.m. and so now the house is our officially!!! [Thumbs Up] [Cool]

Thursday evening Eric, Maria and I loaded the moving truck with our belongings from the storage unit. Friday a.m. after we had dropped Maria off at school we unloaded what we had loaded the night prior. Then after the closing we loaded up all the big stuff from the apartment and a few little stuff to get us through our first night in the house. By 10 p.m. we had unloaded the vehicles and made our bed.

We tested out our whirlpool tub last night for the first time!!! [Thumbs Up] It is great it is soooo big Eric said I look too tiny in it so he thought that he had to join me. [Roll Eyes] [Smile] It fits us both comfortably!! [Thumbs Up]

Today, Saturday, we will be working on getting all the little stuff from the apartment over to the house so then all we have to concentrate on is getting things in there place at the NEW house... [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eric & Sheryl, your house is very nice!!!! It sure was worth the wait and all the headaches of the decisions you had to make. You sure did a good job thinking of things you wanted in the house.

The words I choose (house is very nice) doesn't even express what the house looks like. It is GREAT!!!!

You choose a good neigborhood and it sounds like Maria and Hayden are going to enjoy growing up there with all the many many kids in the area.

Enjoy your new house and be careful in that whirlpool tub. HA HA [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to add my opinion too. I think it is the most wonderful house too. It is so well laid out and the space is so wonderful and useful in all of the rooms. I am very happy for you kids and like Sheryl said I hope it will be your last because I don't think you can build or buy a better one.
Enjoyed seeing it Sat. night and look forward to seeing it when its all settled.

Enjoy it as Vonnie said. Its something neither of us have ever had or ever will have. But its okay. Were just happy for you. I don't know as for Vonnie but I never have been uncomforable in any of my homes. I was always satisfied as long as it was my home. And my family was there with me.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharon I couldn't have put it into words any better than you did. I have always dreams about having a nice house like Sheryl & Eric have but I also have never hated any of the places I have lived in.

Even when I lived on the 2 farms in Hancock. I was a stay home mom and loved it. I had a big garden with flowers as well as things we could eat. Grandma Toop (Eric's grandma) & I would freeze apple pies, freese vegetables and can stuff together and it was a lot of fun. Even with 2 kids I managed to do the extra stuff. I was always doing something with Grandma Toop. Eric's dad didn't care what I did during the day, just so supper was on the table when he got home from work.

I have to tell you about the house we lived in when I was pregnant with Eric. It was a BIG farm house. It had 2 stairways going upstairs. One from the kitchen and 1 from the living room. 5 bedrooms upstairs and 1 on the main floor. There were no registers upstairs, only open grates on the bedroom floors for heat to come up from the main floor. It was darn COLD up there but I don't remember ever complaining about it. We moved Lynn downstairs when it got really cold. We moved from there a month before Eric was born. That was the house I had a purple bathroom. I loved it.

So see kids, Sharon & I do have good memories of places we lived, even though it wasn't as wonderful as you kids have right now. So enjoy it. Sharon & I will just have to enjoy your happiness with you and your house.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks moms for the reminiscing... [Thumbs Up] [Cool] It is fun to remember those times. Vonnie I remember a house like that when we were growing up. We lived in New Richmond,WI. I remember the bats we tried to block off by shutting the doors to the upstairs... [Surprised Smiley] [Eek!] It was a hugh house. We go by the house as much as possible just to reminisce.

We are diffently like our new house and we are little by little getting out of the boxes and back to normalsie. I'm hoping that this weekend we will be able to accomplish a lot so that it feels more like a home instead of a storage unit.

There will be plenty of memories for us in the house you watch and see... [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read this before but not time to reply. Just a few minutes now but if I don't add what I want to now I never will. That description of the house Vonnie said that she lived in when Eric and his sister was little sounds almost just like the one we lived in when the twins were babies. We had two stair ways upstairs and 5 bedrooms upstairs and one down too. I can't exactly remember the cold in the winter but it must have been. I remember when the kids dad built a barrell stove in the basement and we burned wood in it. He must have piped it in the ducts or something. And yes we had bats in there too. There were lots of them in the attic. And in the daytime you could see them hanging from the roof. But I think the kids played up there in the day time. And I remember storing lots of junk up there. I didn't mind them as long as they stayed up in the attic but when they came down stairs I hated them. I only remember that happening once actually.

I thought it kind of funny to read Vonnies description of their house because it reminded me so much of ours. Strange.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: